Fuse for tank shutoff solenoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse for tank shutoff solenoid

I just bought this car and when I went to fill it up it would not take any gas. But when i go to start the car on cng the light does not come on saying it is out. So I put voltage to the solenoid to allow cng to the engine (briefly about 10 seconds while car was off) Then when I got back to start it up the light was on and in ran in park on cng for about 1 minute, and then I felt it go back to gas. The only fuse compartment I can find is in the engine drivers side. The car does not have an owners manual.

Re: Fuse for tank shutoff solenoid

What kind of car? on my contour it is a 2x4 black rubber coated plate on the driver front shock well inside the engine compartment

Comment

I have a 96 Contour, I checked that fuse box but they are all good. Is there any other location?

Comment

There may be a inertial switch controlled solenoid valve (in addition to the tank valve) that prevents fuel from traveling to the engine compartment in case of collision. Perhaps the switch needs to be reset?

Comment

not in the fuse boxes............check under the hood, drivers side mounted against the shock well in the very rear of the engine compartment almost to the windshield but in sight there is a 2x4 plate with 2 fuses with rubber caps on them it really doesn't even look like fuses but you'll see them....check there

Comment

Working...
          X