E350 passenger van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E350 passenger van

Do any of you own the Ford E350 Passenger van? I am looking at a couple and want to know what you think of them. They are dedicated CNG. Any major problems to be aware of? I guess that with 16 gallon of CNG you may go 200 miles or so on a tank. I am mostly concerned about the reliability of the CNG components as I have a gasoline E350 1997 and I like it a lot.

Re: E350 passenger van

Howard,
    I have bought and sold many dedicated E-350s. I even have a retired '99 shuttle van in my shop that has 562,000 miles on it. I don't know of any problems except those inherent to all Fords.
    Take good care of them, keep a strict maintenance schedule, rebuild the heads every 150-200,000 miles and you should be good to go.
    Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Any idea what the gge is for this line of vans?

Comment

Howard,
        If it's a 2000 or newer with stock 3,600psi tanks (1-midship, twin-pack in the rear) it has about 20 GGEs but you'll be lucky to get 17 GGEs on a fast fill.
        Some passenger vans came with an extra 9-10 GGE tank between the rear wheel wells inside.
        Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Ya going to go all the way to PA to get that van Howard if you win the auction?

?Innovation is driven by having access to things.? -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

No, I would have put on a carrier and shipped for $1000, but I sure would rather get a bifuel somewhere because I go to Idaho a lot and there is no CNG there. I would have to maintain two vans if I bought a dedicated CNG, one ofr around locally and one for Idaho.

Comment

Working...
            X