Where to buy the flushing agent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy the flushing agent?

I want to flush the FORD PU cng system through the filter housing. I have heard that there is a flushing agent to use but do not know the name of it or where to buy it. Any help on this? Is this sold at any parts house or is it a dealer item only?

Rick

Re: Where to buy the flushing agent?

I have used the Motorcraft PM-5 injector flush fluid and I have also used isopropyl (90%) rubbing alcohol. The alcohol works MUCH better.

Comment

Thanks,I will try the 90% rubbing alcohol. I assume you just fill the filter housing up and then let her run and do it over and over till the whole bottle of alcohol is used? Or should I just try one housing full then drive it?

Rick

Comment

Somewhere on this site is a tech bulletin on this prodedure. It seems like you run if for so many minutes, let it sit for a while, then run it again, etc.
        I don't recall the exact procedure, but it was from Ford.

Max

Comment

Yeah, They have you run it for a set amoutn of time to get teh cleaner up into the nozzles, then stop it to let it soak on them a bit.
          1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
          2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

Comment

I've read (and been told) that denatured alchohol is the agent to use. Anyone have any input on that?

Comment

The 91% rubbing alcohol does the trick.

Comment

I think the time to run is about 30 seconds. Just two cycles. I have attached the service bul.
                Attached Files
                03 Chevy Avalanche, 10 GGE tank, ECO negative pressure Regulator and Omnitek Closed Loop System. Range: 130 city / 140 hwy.

Comment

Rubbing alcohol is isopropyl alcohol, denatured alcohol is grain alcohol that has methanol added to make poisonous (denature). You an buy both at Walmart or the like stores. Isopropyl (90%) is in drug area, denatured is in paint area near paint thinner.

Comment

Ford tsb #s 01-22-01 (dedicated) and 01-23-01 (bi-fuel) list 90% isopropyl alcohol as the flush to use. The procedure is pretty much the same either way.

Comment

Working...
                    X