Compuvalve Cleaning Patent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compuvalve Cleaning Patent

Interesting reading on Compuvalve cleaning I came across while trying to research what I can do other than wait until Ford decides to make Compuvalves available again. This patent has a lot of good information about the compuvalve in general. It is likely a difficult to enforce patent against any private users, though surely enforceable against an institutional user. I wonder if this is why Ford won't clean these valves. Too cheap to buy the patent perhaps? Easier to just replace a $3,000 part? Who knows? Maybe trying to apply logic to Ford's thinking is illogical in itself. See attached pdf file.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-08-2008, 08:38 PM.
    Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
    Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
    Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Re: Compuvalve Cleaning Patent

Nice find. I bet one could rig up some adapters to a standard (gasoline) injector flush kit, fill it with alcohol and use a power probe to pulse the injectors. Someone try it and tell me if it works.

Comment

Where do you get this kind of data - is it readily available on the Internet? If so I've been underestimating humanity chances to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Dmitry View Post
        Where do you get this kind of data - is it readily available on the Internet? If so I've been underestimating humanity chances to survive.
        Yes, you just have to search for patents. I checked to see what patents were out there related to compuvalves knowing I had a problem with mine and came across this one. Try www.patentstorm.com or the US patent office website directly www.uspto.gov .
        Adrian

Silver 2012 Toyota Prius

Comment

you can clean the compuvalve and injectors by filling the cng filter cup with injector flush and running the engine.
          see instructions for ford's here: http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....crown+injector

Comment

Originally posted by ijustride View Post
            you can clean the compuvalve and injectors by filling the cng filter cup with injector flush and running the engine.
            see instructions for ford's here: http://cngchat.com/forum/showthread....crown+injector
            At this time, my F-150 does not run on CNG due to the faulty Compuvalve, so cleaning it offline is the other option.
            Adrian

Silver 2012 Toyota Prius

Comment

Working...
            X