Need to rebuild or replace a Compuvalve 01 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to rebuild or replace a Compuvalve 01 F150

I just bought a 2001 F-150 Bifuel and it needs a Compuvalve. I think it should be repaired under warranty by Ford (8yrs/80k miles) but it sounds like it's on backorder for quite a while according to the tech. The truck only has 24k miles and is a 4X4 in beautiful condition. I'll know more when I can to talk to the service manager on Monday. I anyone has an idea where to rebuild this one (I heard it's possible) or buy a functional used one, I need one now. Thanks, Adrian
    Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
    Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
    Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Re: Need to rebuild or replace a Compuvalve 01 F150

I started by looking on ebay. There an LPG Compuvalve..but that won't work. I confirmed today the Compuvalve on my truck is indeed under warranty...but the part is back ordered until 2011!!!! I also found out that in CA the emissions warranty that cover the Compuvalve are only valid for 7 yrs/70k miles, unlike the federal warranty (rest of the US) which is valid for 8 yrs/80k miles. I brought the truck in 1 week before the CA warranty expired!! This should be interesting since I think Ford will have a hard time in a CA court defending a position stating that their customers have to wait 3 years to get a warranty repair done. We all know CA courts don't like large Corporations screwing the little guy...they actually tend to go overboard..I'm sure Ford is aware. Anyway, if they won't do anything for me and I can buy a Compuvalve, I'll do so and take them to small claims court to get my money back. Or, maybe I'll talk to a lemon law attorney to see if I can get Ford to buy the car at market value. Any other suggestions, anyone?

By the way...a 2001 F-150 Bifuel 4X4 with 24k miles...if in perfect working condition, how much do you guys think it's worth?

Thanks,
    Adrian

Navy 2008 Civic GX (wife's)
    Silver 2012 Toyota Prius
    Grey 2012 Civic Natural Gas (mine)

Comment

Re: Need to rebuild or replace a Compuvalve 01 F150

If it's a regular cab, anything under $10K would probably be an alright deal, only because the compuvalve is still under warranty. An extended cab you would probably expect to pay $1500-$2000 more for.

Comment

Working...
      X