No announcement yet.

Idle problem CNG related? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put 1999 Crown Vic in storage after have major tune up at Allen Vigil Ford south of Atlanta running perfectly. Five years later I retrieved it and found two surprises. A mouse had chewed up my paper air filter and one of my attachments for a coil was broken off so I have wired the coil down snugly. I have changed the MAFS, TPS, Plugs but still rough idle though admittedly everything I did improved it slightly. I have never had a single error code. The rough idle disappears as soon as I accelerate but returns when i let off the accelerator. I cannot find an idle air control(valve or motor?) on the car. I did not change coils because I have been told OEMs are superior to after market and currently available OEMs. ANy ideas? It appears that idle may be controllable manually?

Comment

I would still be suspicious of the coil packs. Even the originals have limited life. I replaced mine and the car ran better than I ever remember. I bought a set off Amazon for a reasonable price. I'll be happy if they last 3 years. It's such an easy job and you might as well replace the plugs while at it.

Comment

Working...
      X