96 F250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 F250

Howdy, I'm new to this place I live in Utah. I wanted to buy a CNG pickup last year but they were so plain Jane so I decided to go with the 99 F150 XLT super cab with all the bells and whistles. What took $32.00 last year to fill the tank dosen't even fill my Jetta.So now the F150 is up for sale. My comute is 54 miles one way 3 times a week. I love driving pickup's I was driving one around in the city back in the 70's. Back then it was uncool. I just purchased a 96 250 bifuel,with only 89-K miles on it.I'm use to getting 275-K + miles on my units. The dealer says it starts on CNG but then stalls out. I will not have the truck for another week it is comming out of CA. After reading some of the posts on Fords I wonder if I made a big mistake.I have connections to get the Compuvalve at cost and don't see any problems with changing it myself.Also is there a place in Utah that rebuilds the Comp or any other shops other than the dealer. I bought the truck for 5-K and put in the budget another 2-K for the repairs. Any info is helpful, you can e me at [email protected]

Thanks for your help, all those bells and whistles don't fill the tank

Rocketmanpete

Re: 96 F250

Welcome to CNGChat rocketmanpete. I am moving this post to the Ford Vehicle Forum for further discussion.
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I'm in a similar boat. I bought a 99 F250 and I took it to Sno-Motion. They told me the compuvalve was non-responsive and needs to be replaced. They told me the replacement would cost between $1700 and $1900 but when I called Ford they said it would be over $3200 (core charge included). Labor to install it was around $180, so not terrible since I don't know what I'm doing. If you have any suggestions on where to get a compuvalve for an F250, I would love to hear it!

Comment

I just spoke to a guy from Sno-Motion he sends Fords to Champion. He also told me the valves go bad if not if frequent use so the key is to use it as much as possible. I guess I'll find out.

Comment

Just an FYI, I talked with Robert at Champion Ford and he was great. He looked up the part, verified they had it and even gave me a small discount off list price. So far, good reviews for Champion. I take my F250 in Thursday to have the compuvalve changed out. Does anyone know if I have to ask them about a warranty on it or if it comes standard with the installation?

Comment

Airliner, Guy is parts told me it comes with a 1 year warrenty my problem is Champion dose not work on anything older than 97 and there is only one Comp valve for my application in the whole USA nice good luck to you..

Comment

Working...
            X