This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 F-150 No Compuvalve???

um, I went looking for the compuvalve on my 2004 ford bi-fuel and it's not anywhere to be found. I don't have any experience with any other fords, but I do know where the compuvalve should be and it's not there. Also, the gas goes straight from the regulator to some other valve or solinoid then straight to the fuel bar for injection in to the cylinders. Does anyone know anything about this new setup?? I'm just curious, everything works and I haven't had any problems. So hopefully I won't have any problems not having a compuvalve. There has to be something controlling this systems, some board somewhere??

Thanks
    2000 Escalade (option 3 conversion) FOR SALE
    2004 F150 XLT (OEM conversion)
    2000 Camry (Awesome Car!!)

Re: 2004 F-150 No Compuvalve???

they moved it from the top of the engine passenger side to under the engine
    sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
    SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
    2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
    1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
    2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Where exactly? There are no gas lines that go from the regulator in that direction, that I could see. I just followed the gas lines to try to find it, and they seemed to lead from the regulator straight to the fuel bar above the spark plugs. It does pass behind the engine to the other side, so is that where it is?

Comment

Doesn't the gas have to run from the regulator to the compuvalve? I looked again, and as far as I can tell, it runs from the regulator to some switch, then straight to the engine. There is tubing from one side to the other, and no compuvalve inbetween. I jacked it up and got underneath, there is no compuvalve under there???

Comment

Of course there's no CrapuValve. They finally learned, right before they stopped making them. Computer driven injectors are more than capable of metering the gas. Thats why they used them in the crapuvalve.
          Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

when did they get rid of the compuvalves finally? any issues with any of those non compuvalve systems?

Comment

cool to hear I don't have a crapuvalve? I haven't had any problems. Hopefully this is a 'fixed' f150, only time will tell. I too would be interested in knowing when they cnaged things and how many of these are out there. Finally I got a good suprise (hopefully) with a CNG vehicle. Usually I find out what I bought only holds 4gge's or has an old, non-servicable system. So this is a good break for me.

Thanks all

Comment

Dug out my 2003 Ford Bi-Fuel Service Manual and like I remembered, no compuvalve.
                CNG goes from Fuel Tank to Coalescent Fuel Filter to GFI High Pressure Regulator which I remember is front of engine on the driver's side to the Low Pressure Fuel Rail Solenoid to the Fuel Rails. Control of Alt Fuel system is handled by Alternative Fuel Control Module (AFCM) in addition to stock Powertrain Control Module (PCM) which sits in passanger side fender/firewall area.
                Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by cnghal View Post
                  Dug out my 2003 Ford Bi-Fuel Service Manual and like I remembered, no compuvalve.
                  CNG goes from Fuel Tank to Coalescent Fuel Filter to GFI High Pressure Regulator which I remember is front of engine on the driver's side to the Low Pressure Fuel Rail Solenoid to the Fuel Rails. Control of Alt Fuel system is handled by Alternative Fuel Control Module (AFCM) in addition to stock Powertrain Control Module (PCM) which sits in passanger side fender/firewall area.
                  does this mean no failure point in the system at all unlike the compuvalve?

Comment

Working...
                  X