X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildabeast
    replied
    Re: My 02 CNG CVPI Extended Tank Install

Would anyone happen to have a picture or diagram on how they connected the extended tank(s) to the existing ones?

Leave a comment:

• lshuster
    replied

Originally posted by dineane View Post
    Hay were did u get those plastic boxes that go around the tank to vent the cng if it leaks ....... Anyone know were to get this from ??
    Mine came from the OEM - FoMoCo original parts from a 2003-4 CVPI CNG.

lee

Leave a comment:

• dineane
    replied

Hay were did u get those plastic boxes that go around the tank to vent the cng if it leaks ....... Anyone know were to get this from ??

Leave a comment:

• jefo
    replied

I have extended tanks and get about 200 miles before the light comes on. does the 3600psi vs 3000psi make that much of a difference? are you using slow fill?

Leave a comment:

• lshuster
    replied

Do you know if the Ford mechanical specifications that you acquired list the exact tank dimensions? I am looking to re-tank an expired 96 P-71 with newer Ford factory CV CNG tanks and want to determine if the original 96 brackets are the same diameter. If the Ford documentation can be scanned or photocopied I would be happy to compensate you for your bother. It's my understanding the package shelf tanks are smaller diameter than the external tanks. Any idea what the new pair's combined (empty) weight is?

/LS

Leave a comment:

• Adrian
    replied

Originally posted by 02cvpi View Post
    I am just glad they did part it out
    Hello 02cvpi,
    Do you still have the smaller CNG tank set up that might fit a Civc GX? I'm located in Anaheim Hills and am interested in buying it.
    Thanks,
    Adrian
    (714)493-6484

Leave a comment:

• 02cvpi
    replied

I am just glad they did part it out

Leave a comment:

• Mshepcomm
    replied

I wonder if your movie car guy has a 3600 filler from a Crown Vic? Can you check or e-mail me his info? Thanks

It is funny he parted out his CNG car but my 99 CVPI CNG was a movie car after it came out of service as a Ca State Univ Police car. It was in "The Kingdom" (Jamie Fox). It was one of about 10-12 Crown Vics and the only CNG (I don't think he knew it was CNG when they bought it at the auction.)

Leave a comment:

• ajgiorgi
    replied

Originally posted by 02cvpi View Post
    Anthony, where are you located? I have the smaller set that was mounted under the car in front of the rear axle that will probably fit in a Honda GX trunk. I am going to measure a friend's Civic to make sure. This one for the Honda I think would give an extra 4-5 GGE. It is complete with 2 tanks, cradle assembly, valving, wiring, solenoids, sheilding, etc. it will almost be a plug and play system very much like the pictured one. I do not know what it's worth so I may Ebay it. This set up is very hard to come by. The solenoid valves shut off and on with the ignition key and shut down in case of a leak.
    Martin
    I live in Sunnyvale. Did you sell it on ebay?

Leave a comment:

• 02cvpi
    replied

The spare tanks or the tire, lol? The tanks I purchased from my contact that builds police and taxi vehicles for the movies out of retired units. They could not use this CNG unit so they parted it out and I bought the CNG tanks system. As for the rear springs, CNG vehicles have heavy duty rear springs to accomodate the weight of the tanks. I also replaced the rear shocks with brand new oem Motorcraft PI ones just to be on the safe side. I searched for a year to find this set up. The spare tire came with the car, lol
    Last edited by 02cvpi; 05-09-2008, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deeta
    replied

02cvpi, Where did you get that spare? Did you change out the springs for beefier ones? If so, did you get them from the donor too?

Leave a comment:

• Adrian
    replied

Hi, If you still have the tank set up you think might fit a Civic GX, I live right around the corner in Anaheim Hills and would be interested in buying it off you.
    Adrian
    (714) 493-6484

Leave a comment:

• 02cvpi
    replied

I have a contact that builds police and taxi vehicles for the movies and they could not use this one so they parted it out. Come on down I would love to show you the set up. [U] "The latest, After taking advice from someone on this forum and topping off the next morning after filling the night before the 1/2 tank mileage is 222.5 and low fuel light does not come on until 300.6 miles
    I have created a Vegas runner!!!
    Last edited by 02cvpi; 05-09-2008, 12:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deeta
    replied

Where did you score the setup? I have looked around for a donor car for a year but no luck. I'd like to get the plans too. Maybe I'll just have to make a trip south - what kind of Starbucks do you like?

Leave a comment:

• 02cvpi
    replied

"Latest update" Second fill up the 1/2 mark was at 184 miles and the low fuel light came on at 264 miles . I posted more pictures of the install.
    Last edited by 02cvpi; 05-02-2008, 04:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X