Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can I find this Parker check valve for my 1999 Contour????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can I find this Parker check valve for my 1999 Contour????

My 1999 Contour is leaking CNG on the "fill" side of the tank...I took it apart and the Small stainless steel "Parker" brand check valve is leaking..it cant be a serviceable part so I suspect I will need a new one...anybody have any experience with this part..maybe know a cheap place to pick one up??
    thank in advance :-)
    1999 CNG Ford Contour

Re: where can I find this Parker check valve for my 1999 Contour????

A picture would help. Google parker and find the local Parker distributor some sell online. A lot of check valves are serviceable, usually a o-ring.

Comment

Originally posted by cngmike View Post
      A picture would help. Google Parker and find the local Parker distributor some sell online. A lot of check valves are serviceable, usually a o-ring.
      yeah I know most are serviceable but this one is welded at the spot it is leaking from and there is no way to service it from what I can tell...I tried to Google the part number that is on the check valve but nothing comes up that has a price or way to order it..(parker PDF's)...not a big deal I know I "should" be able to find one on Monday..but I thought I would ask around here to see if there was some options I was not aware of...I will snap a pic in the morning just for fun tho....
      thanks
      Mark
      1999 CNG Ford Contour

Comment

pics of the CNG check valve on the "fill up" side of my tank...you can see how it is NOT serviceable because the valve body is welded together on the side with the yellow paint....

anybody????
        Thanks Mark
        1999 CNG Ford Contour

Comment

you GOTTA be kidding me!!!
          I was able to find a Parker distributor and they are working on a quote for me.....BUT they said it will take them 2-3 weeks to get my part!!!!!!
          What a JOKE!!!

Finding parts for these CNG's is like asking people for SPACE SHUTTLE PARTS!!!
          Ridiculous!!

RANT OFF......
          1999 CNG Ford Contour

Comment

The problem is that it is a bastard fitting! It is tube fitting on on the outlet???? and SAE on the inlet??? Usually they are ordered with the same on both ends. See if you can order one of the same configuration but not the same part number so it can be rebuilt. the standard, I have found on CNG application is SAE 9/16 18 UNF.

Comment

someone on this site found a compuvalve from a countour at Pick-N-Pull in West Valley. That meant they had a CNG countour. Possible you could get enough of the filler parts off that car? He only paid $20 for the compuvalve.
              Good Luck
              Max

Comment

Originally posted by maxman View Post
                someone on this site found a compuvalve from a countour at Pick-N-Pull in West Valley. That meant they had a CNG countour. Possible you could get enough of the filler parts off that car? He only paid $20 for the compuvalve.
                Good Luck
                Max
                thanks for the lead I went there but the CNG car was gone...I was bale to find a cross number check valve for $95!!!!!!
                stoked should be here Friday
                1999 CNG Ford Contour

Comment

I forgot to say I got the quote for that exact check valve and it was a 3 week wait and the valve was $1,300!!!!!
                  I sure am glad I found one that is a cross reference valve for only $95
                  1999 CNG Ford Contour

Comment

Working...
                  X