Low fuel warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low fuel warning light

I thought I would pass on a little advice, when that low fuel light comes on with a dedicated cng F-150 or 250 you dont have as many miles left as on a conventional gasoline powered vehicle. I started my day off with a good fill and after 176 miles the lignt came on. Long story short at 196 miles I ran out of fuel 1 mile from the station. Glad I upgraded to AAA premier.

Re: Low fuel warning light

Just something that I have noticed on my bi-fuel system that may help in a situation where you are very close to a station and run out of fuel on a dedicated set up: My truck will start on CNG and run for a short time after the CNG tank empties and switches over to gasoline automatically. The CNG gas, when expanding (leaving the tank), causes the tank to cool leading to a drop in pressure in the tank. If my switch is still on "alt", I believe that when the tank warms up, the small amount CNG is at a higher pressure than when it switched over to gasoline, thus allowing the truck to run for a short distance as mentioned. You could have to wait a little while for it to warm, but it may save a tow bill if you're almost there.

Comment

Re: Low fuel warning light

Originally posted by clnbrnr1 View Post
      I thought I would pass on a little advice, when that low fuel light comes on with a dedicated cng F-150 or 250 you dont have as many miles left as on a conventional gasoline powered vehicle. I started my day off with a good fill and after 176 miles the lignt came on. Long story short at 196 miles I ran out of fuel 1 mile from the station. Glad I upgraded to AAA premier.
      too bad AAA does not carry CNG or recharged batteries for electric vehicles.

Comment

Working...
      X