Information on 1995 Dodge Ram van?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on 1995 Dodge Ram van?

I am looking at the possibility of buying a 1995 CNG Dodge Ram van, and can find little information on the particulars of the vehicle. I was hoping I might find someone here that could point me in the right direction, or offer their own experiences/knowledge on the vehicle.

Much appreciated.

Ray~

Re: Information on 1995 Dodge Ram van?

Welcome Ray to CNG Chat.

There is some information on the Chrysler CNG system in the "file library" off of forum list. They are simple, basic system. Out side the Comdyne tanks that come with Dodge, which I would have checked out Very closely, there should be no problem. The tanks are about ready to time out (check the Do not use after date on each tank), so they would have to be replaced when they expire. New tanks will cost you probably more than you should be paying for the van if it were a gasoline version.

If you know anything about the Chrysler, the 318 (5.2L) is a good engine and does well on CNG.

Good luck and welcome

Larrycng

Comment

I had one. I loved it. IIRC I got around 100 miles per tank before i filled up with some room to spare.

Comment

I have owned a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 CNG model for the past 2 years. When I bought it back then (March 2009), it only had like 50,000 miles on it! Anyways, I have had a few problems with it, including the common problem with the High Pressure Regulator going bad. If I were you, I would be careful buying an older CNG car...

Comment

Working...
        X