No announcement yet.

should I by a 2000 dedicated dodge van?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should I by a 2000 dedicated dodge van?

Little help please, what kind of problems should i expect from a a 5.2 dedicated dodge van? I am supposed to look at one on monday.
    thanks

Re: should I by a 2000 dedicated dodge van?

If you have the need for the vehicle? If you have reliable fueling stations, I would get it.

On the down side, the GFI pressure regulator can have problems, but can be replaced with a Conoflow. GFI works or doesn't mostly do.

Have the tanks inspected and checked very closly (Comdyne). I would get some who knows the tanks. Try and PM AFVman. He is in Ohio and knows the east coast people.

Good luck

Larrycng

Comment

Bob,
      Of the dozen or so 2000-02, B2500 and 3500 Dodges I have worked on and inspected, short of obvious neglect and abuse, I haven't found any problems with them other than the turning radius isn't as tight as the older Dodges.
      The tanks should be type 2, I believe they were PSTs. Just closely inspect the aluminum covers over the midship and rear tanks. They are usually a good indicator of driver abuse. I had one where some dumbass used a forklift to move the van and it showed in the covers.
      Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

thanks guys, bought it--so far so good

Comment

Working...
        X