CNG fueling stations
• Des Plaines: The Gas Technology Institute, a nonprofit that researches alternative energy sources, runs a fueling station open to the public with a FuelMan fuel purchasing card.
• Elk Grove Village: Groot Industries operates a fueling station accessible with the company's permission.
• Warrenville: The DuPage County Forest Preserve District has operated a CNG station at Blackwell Forest Preserve for some of its fleet since December 2008.
• Wheeling: Waste Management opened a station for its trucks in late May. A separate pumping area public-accessible with the company's permission should open in the next few weeks.
Future CNG stations:
• Downers Grove: The village plans to open a CNG station for its vehicles accessible to others with permission.
• Lombard: Churchill Woods Forest Preserve would be site of a station being constructed by the DuPage forest preserve. It is expected to open this fall for its fleet and other vehicles with permission.
• Round Lake Park: Groot Industries plans to open in November a fueling station for its vehicles accessible to others with permission.
• Wheaton: DuPage County government plans to open late this year a fueling station with shared access for its vehicles and fleets of nearby municipalities.
Source: Chicago Area Clean Cities
Read more: http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...#ixzz1ThAG72WF