Thread: Just Visiting...

Default Just Visiting...

I'm going to be driving the bi-fuel up to CO next week.. Just want to verify that the stations there are pretty much useless to me, is that correct? It seems for cngprices that they are all Clean Energy, and that they all require special cards. Plus, from looking at the cost, it won't really be worth the trouble. If this has changed, can someone let me know the current fueling situation in CO?
    1997 Factory Crown Victoria w/ extended tanks ~~ Clunkerized!
    2000 Bi-Fuel Expedition --> ~~ Sold ~~ <--

2. Default Re: Just Visiting...

You are correct in that the stations here are all owned by Clean Energy. Where in CO are you visiting?

cngacrossusa Guest

Default Re: Just Visiting...

Hey CraziFuzzy,

I recently went through Denver for my kids softball tourney and tried the Denver International Airport cng site by Clean Energy. It DOES allow public use at a specific pump using just your MasterCard or VISA. The outer lane (nearest to street) is specificially for buses and has different nozzle so you can't use those. However, the very next lane further from street on the east end has normal 3,600 psi connector and I got excellent fill twice while I was there. Thanks to Wes Biggers of FuelTek Conversion Corp who listed useful info at cngprices.com

P.S. See my post at Roadtrips where I got 39 mpg on a cng tank !!

I was visiting the Denver Airport today, and what do I see on the ramp ? Baggage tugs with cng tanks, and they look like they have been using cng for years.

I am in Denver tonight, I will try going to the airport to get CNG tomorrow morning when I wake up. If anyone can verify for me that they do NOT take Credit Cards, please respond to this before approx 11:00 Mountain Time. If someone has a fuel card that they would let me use, and I pay for the gas, please PM me.

Thank you,

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdrumset View Post
    I am in Denver tonight, I will try going to the airport to get CNG tomorrow morning when I wake up. If anyone can verify for me that they do NOT take Credit Cards, please respond to this before approx 11:00 Mountain Time. If someone has a fuel card that they would let me use, and I pay for the gas, please PM me.

Thank you,

Matthew
    I take it that since you wrote your post after 11:00 p.m. Mountain Time on April 26th that you mean prior to 11:00 a.m. Mountain Time on April 27th?

Quote Originally Posted by CNGLO View Post
    I take it that since you wrote your post after 11:00 p.m. Mountain Time on April 26th that you mean prior to 11:00 a.m. Mountain Time on April 27th?
    That would be correct.

The Denver Airport CNG station has taken credit cards for many years now. All of the other stations in the Denver area require a special CE card (unless this has changed recently).