Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first A1 service

Default My first A1 service

Do I need to go to Honda Dealership to perform A1 or further maintenance services in order to keep my warranty valid? Thanks for advice.

Default Re: My first A1 service

No, anyone can do the service.

Blog Entries

A1 is merely an oil change and tire rotation. As Mike said, anyone, including yourself can perform the service. The important thing is that you keep receipts and keep records to prove the service was done. In a warranty situation, that becomes the key issue, what services were done, when, and at what mileage.

The advantage of going to the dealer is that you'll get genuine Honda parts, filters, etc used on your vehicle, and that I've seen a lot of non-Honda services skip service items because they weren't aware that something was scheduled to be done, like an under dash filter for example, a tank inspection, or ???. This is a cng car after all. There aren't that many places that know what they are doing when it comes to service beyond the A1 requirement.

Curtis Martin
    Program Coordinator
    Antelope Valley Clean Cities Coalition
    Cell # 661-492-5916

4. Default Re: My first A1 service

Don't assume all dealers are on the level. I have notice a few sneaky things that a couple (not Honda btw) dealers in my area are doing. Some use the 1.99 quickee lube oil filters (even on their make of cars). Some have only one grade of bulk oil and use it on everything. Some make up their own maintenance schedules that omit low paying items and add high paying items.

I say the best thing is to find someone you trust and have them follow your owners manual.

To the original poster, I see you live in the Bay Area. The Honda Connection, a highly rated independant service place in San Jose, is getting up to speed on CNG's, and have done my 10k and 20k service, for a little over half the cost of what the local "stealer" wants.

Thank you for all advices. I will PM you-TheBundo for the shop info in San Jose.

Blog Entries

Aside from the manual which tells you which service is needed per code on the dash. Is there any information from Honda that tells you when service is due?
    Maybe I skipped those pages but your input is helpful.
    Thx,
    L
    2009 GX

The dash indicator combines things like time since last service, miles driven, and starts to determine when the service is due.

Blog Entries

Will taking my GX with a 6yr/125K mile extended warranty to a reputable shop (other than Honda) for routine CNG fuel filter replacement void my warranty??
    Silver 09 GX
    Phill G:1.5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast