Thread: What is a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin?

1. Question What is a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin?

I recently purchased a 2002 Honda Civic GX (I love it) from Colorado and I want to apply for my Utah Clean Fuel Vehicle Tax Credit. However, I'm confused about one of the requirements. It states that I need either:

--------------------------------
    (1)(a) a copy of the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin or equivalent manufacturer's documentation showing that the vehicle is an OEM vehicle, or

(b) a signed statement by an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified technician that includes the vehicle identification number (VIN) and states that the vehicle is an eligible OEM vehicle
    ---------------------------------

What is the Manufacturer's Statement of Origin and how do I get one?

Default Re: What is a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin?

Copy the window sticker as part of your submission to DEQ.

On my 2003 Chevy Cavalier, I went to a dealer and asked for a Vehicle Build Sheet. This uses the VIN to display all the option codes with an explanation of the option codes.
    Jared.
    Mountain Green, Utah
    2003 CNG Cavalier
    2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

4. Default Re: What is a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin?

A Manufacturers Statement of Origin is the document that comes with the car to get it titled the first time.

Manufacturer's Statement of Origin is a specified document certifying the country of origin of the merchandise required by certain foreign countries for tariff purposes, it sometimes requires the signature of the consul of the country to which it is destined.