Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know? Important information for new and old members.!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know? Important information for new and old members.!

This should be in the Welcome to the Group Forum, but this is the most heavily read forum, so I will post it here for the moment and move it later.

I've been getting a lot of questions lately about information that has been posted to the board very recently, but people logging on to read the forums are starting with the oldest threads first and never see the new information because of the way they have their preferences set up. Many of you may not know, or realize that you can have the forum set up to show you the newest posts first instead of starting with information from 5 years ago.

Go into your "SETTINGS" at the top right of this page. Along the left side-bar, lower down the page you'll find "MY SETTINGS" look for the "MY ACCOUNT" link and then go to "GENERAL SETTINGS". Then scan down the page until you find "THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS". I find that selecting "Linear-Newest First" from the drop down menu is the easiest for me to follow the new topics and threads that are generated daily.

Also, when accessing CNGchat from your mobile device, drop down the menu at the bottom left corner of any page to select "Default Mobile Style" and the pages will format for the smaller screen.
    Last edited by John Mitton; 05-30-2013, 08:25 AM. Reason: Added info on mobile device browsing
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Re: Did you know? Important information for new and old members.!

I just tried to change the settings and got this "you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system? ...... any ideas ? how can I access the settings to change the "tread display options? just saying,cause you're right,I was reading something from 2011 !
    thanks !

Comment

Thanks Curtis for the very helpful tip.
      I tweaked the system after reading this so now everyone should be able to edit these settings -- before you had to be a registered user for at least a few days and have contributed a few posts. New users who sign up will now also have a default setting of viewing the most recent posts first.

Comment

Hello Curtis

As the administrator of this forum in this field I was wandering if you would know of a few companies that I could get a quote from in the Oklahoma area to dedicate an International 4300 with the dt466 engine as a NGV. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oklahomaboy

Comment

The only ones I know that had a dedicated system for the International egines was ESI out of Texas heard they went Bankrupt!

Comment

Hello Curtis, I joined early 2012 main purpose because I bought Civic CNG, I'm a frequent member and enjoy the professional behavior, and respect for one another regardless of experience level. Recently wanted to post and my account is locked, would you please advice. Thank you

Comment

I guess I don't drop into this forum enough, jsq4vgf. Your post count has been turned up to where you can post a new thread. Sorry for the delay.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                X