Cummins ISL G 320

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummins ISL G 320

We have over 90 cummins ISL G320 CNG engines some our 2-4 years old he have had 16 major engine failures do to piston problems.We have had over 40 egr coolers go bad the old style square ones crack on the outside.We had had over 10 air compressors start pushing coolant out. We have had over 15 turbos wastegates lock up after removing the turbo I had to beat it with a hammer to free it up.Now we are starting to have a lot of oil rifle codes we remove the oil filter change the oil and the problem goes away some people say we need to use a better oil filter some say coolant is starting to mix with the oil has anyone ran into this problem please fell free to email me modiesel1@gmail.com

Welcome to CNGchat, Modiesel5.

I see from your profile that your fleet is in the refuse / trash industry. I'm wondering if all of the engines are from the same truck OEM? What sort of models and model years do you have? We can connect you with other trash haulers to compare notes, but I think most everyone is using the 11.9 liter ISX-12G now.

Comment

Ive heard the larger isx12g engines went to a steel piston because of piston failure issues, does your 320 engines have the new steel pistons?

Maybe cummings needs to do a retrofit/upgrade for you at no cost to help make things right

Comment

Yes they did fix everything they could but now we our out of warranty they did replace the pistons on all the engines that completely Failed but we are still having air compressor go turbos go bad the internal wastegate plunger locks up solid.The air compressor start to push coolant out,and now we are seeing a problem with the oil rifle

Comment

Working...
        X