Intro for another fishing/truck moron

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro for another fishing/truck moron

Just bought my first bi-fuel, an '04 2500HD Silverado w 95k on it. Live in Beaverton OR and I'm gonna use it for work and hauling my boat. Anyone have ideas who I can trust locally to work on it? Willing to trade salmon eggs for info ;-)

Welcome to the land of no public CNG!
    ​If yours is a factory installed system, you could try Suburban Chevy in Sandy, OR. They are an authorized GM CNG facility, with a tech on service staff.
    ​The closest public fuel is at the Oregon State Motor Pool in Salem, or the new Trillium station in Vancouver, WA..
    See www.cngprices.com for locations, etc.
    '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
    '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
    FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Thanks cnguser!! A huge what-if here, but if I decided to pull the tank to get full usage out of my truck bed, is that a complex removal and shut off or fairly straight forward?

Comment

Perhaps some experienced others can best respond here about removing the tank, sensors, wiring, etc.
        ​If it is a factory integrated system, I think you would end up with CHECK ENGINE flags, and not pass DEQ testing.
        ​If the CNG system works OK, a bi-fuel truck is worth more. Why not keep it as is, or sell the truck and get a plain gaso version?
        '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
        '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
        FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

buy a used fuelmaker for cheap and refuel at home. While there isn't much support for DIY repairs mine has been relatively painless to operate. I needed a new timer and a replacement hose which took a few days but were easy to source. I paid to have mine rebuilt preemptively and wish I hadn't. If I could do it all over again I would just keep replacing the timer and run it until it quit.
          If you have any plumbing or electrical know how it is not a complex installation process.

Karl

Comment

Working...
          X