Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a CNG onverstion car have questions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a CNG onverstion car have questions?

I have a 2010 Chevy impala that was owned by Jet Taxi. I purchased the car, has 200,000 miles. I never owned a CNG car before did a little research on my end. I got my tank inspected, fixed the leak it had. my main concern is that it randomly misfires in cylinder 1 (Not all the times drives smooth 90 percent of the time). I went ahead and changed the spark plugs and wires and did the ignition coil and It is still doing it. How to i go about the next steps in trouble shooting.

also the spark plugs looked in good condition when removed no oil.

Welcome to CNGchat.

You probably have the same NaturalDrive conversion system as is being discussed here:
    http://www.cngchat.com/forum/forum/g...491-new-to-cng

I attached some documentation in the third post down on the above linked thread which may be helpful.
    My first guess is that your fuel injector might be the culprit. Try contacting this shop in Austin:
    http://blog.cleanfuelconversions.com/contact-us/

Let us know how things progress.

Comment

You are right i do have the Natural Drive conversion. Is there not any more local shops in the DFW area?
      Are injectors a big difference compared to gas injectors.

Comment

The Austin shop should know which injectors are on the vehicle, and yes the CNG injectors are somewhat more expensive than gasoline injectors. Ask for Ronnie and he can probably arrange to take a look at your car when he is in the area.

Comment

i know this isnt my post but i wanting to let u know that i too also have a 2008 impala dedicated cng impala with 65k miles im learning i just bought bout month ago i too when i start car cold below 50 degress runs lil rough and just found out today that it misses on cylinder 5 but clears after few min. im in oklahoma

Comment

Well ill call him and see what can happen. CNGimpala interesting wonder what is causing this. i hope its just an injector.

Ps
            how many miles do you get per fill up?

Comment

ive gone 230miles and had bout 600psi left on the pressure and the fuel level guage on the dash was empty lol mine is like 13.3 gge tho total but only 10gge usable cuase quick filling and ya onmy impala im going to tune it up and hopefully that fixes my rough running and misfire

Comment

wish my pressure gauge still worked, have things to fix in this car.

Comment

can u post picture of ur set up the pressure gauge and ur tanks and underhood please and does ur normal fuel gauge work?

Comment

yea ill take pictures and yes my fuel gauge work. i only get about 120-150 miles

Comment

my has 3 cng tanks one under car where old gas tank was and two in trunk total of 13.3 gge but only 10 gge usable due to fast filling

Comment

Some quick pictures i took after I filled up.

Comment

yup mine is bascially same except no floor shifter mine is on colum ill post a few pics

Comment

ill get some more pics tommorow

Comment

whats ur average mpg? does ur pressure gauge drop lil after filling?

Comment

Working...
                              X