Announcement

Collapse

Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

bought a new CNG truck on ebay - any thoughts? 2013 Ford F-250

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bought a new CNG truck on ebay - any thoughts? 2013 Ford F-250

For the last eight years I've had a 2002 Ford F-150 (with 7700 package) that is a dedicated CNG truck that I use for work. A couple years ago I replaced the cylinders with a QT 24 GGE cylinder, but it's got 162K miles on it.

Anyway, I was browsing ebay and came across a newer one and decided it was time to upgrade.

edit:

The listing advertised the GGE capacity higher than it is. It looks like the seller converted the # of liters into gallons and figured 1 GGE fits in 1 gallon (liquid) of space.

I'm figuring it probably has 21 GGEs of capacity? Here's the cylinder description from the BAF owner's manual:

2 - Faber 14" x 32" 60.5L
    1 - Faber 12" x 72" 121 L

I'm used to having less capacity so it's not the end of the world, but I was hoping to stuff more in there the first time I filled up and was disappointed. Any ideas?

Also, if anyone's interested in my old truck, I'm going to clean it up and put it on ebay in a month or so.
    All assets will be de-identified prior to sale. | eBay!
    Last edited by ragged325; 1 week ago.

Oh yes, its the trade-off between all underbody tanks (providing a full truck bed to haul stuff) and a longer range vehicle with less bed storage due to the cylinder there. My rule of thumb is 12 water liters to the GGE on a fast-fill. So your tank package has about 15 or so GGE capacity on a fast-fill.

Comment

Working...
    X