No announcement yet.

Retail Hydrogen Stations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two auctions for hydrogen vehicles and fuel station ending Aug 28 2019 in West Virginia. General public may bid on these items. Though these do not reform natural gas to get hydrogen (cheapest method, but large scale) and fuel cell electric vehicles would be more efficient (incredibly expensive), this equipment would provide hydrogen vehicles at fire-sale prices:

Two Ford Escape hybrids having internal combustion engines fueled with compressed hydrogen instead of gasoline

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...75&acctid=7396

Hydrogen fueling station using electrolysis

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...57&acctid=7396

Comment

The Hydrogen electrolysis fuel station along with the two Ford Escape hydrogen piston engine vehicles offered in an auction ending Aug 28 2019 were withdrawn before the auction closed. They were being offered by Brian Root of West VA University in Morgantown.

Comment

me thinks that the taxpayer has been had again as a auction shows the true worth of what is being auctioned off . about 2000 dollars and I have no idea what was payed by west va university for this but I will bet it was many times what was offered. taxpayer money ???? more than likely.I am guessing here but I will bet they have well north of a 100 grand in this junk. 19773 miles for a 100 grand that would be just over 5 dollars a mile. I would be ROTFLOL but for it is the peoples hard earned cash.H2 is nothing more than a play toy. I think we would do better to just convert all cars and trucks to cng as far as cleaning the air and we are swimming in natural gas and we can have much cleaner air than playing with impractical H2 toys . we have the teck to do cng we dont have to wait for 10 or 20 years for H2 to be practical if ever. my chevy truck gets about 20 mpg and my cng costs .79 cents divide that by 20 mpg and it works out to about 3.9 cent per mile. I sure am glad I did not go to school at wv university or any other university for that matter. they might have taught me how not to be able to think. just think five dollars vs 3.9 cents would leave 4 dollars and ninety six point one cents to go to the university wv and study girls and beer.and I dont need any math as I already know 3.9 cents is better than 5 dollars. ps I do like girls and beer I might just apply . just remember beer is better than girls a beer wont get get pissed when you pick up another beer .LOL

Comment

As always, we love your wisdom cowboy
          The real insanity with H2 is how most all of the supply at hydrogen fueling stations is simply reformed natural gas to begin with. It might be a zero carbon fuel, but the methane CH4 had its "C" removed into the atmosphere before it got to the vehicle. Might as well use CH4 on the vehicle to begin with...

Comment

Working...
          X