X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boone Pickens on Iraq Oil Crisis-Civil War 7/1/2014

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Re: Boone Pickens on Iraq Oil Crisis-Civil War 7/1/2014

If only he would participate in promoting his own cause and stop price gouging at his Clean Energy NG stations.
    Last edited by hypermilinggx; 07-01-2014, 01:53 AM.

Comment

price gouging? I think t boone may be a little high but I dont think I would put my money out for less than 2.00 per gge. and he was building out when most were still studying.my number I tell my customers is if you can save a dollar per gge and use lots of cng than you should own a compressor.so take gas at my shop is .59 per 100cf or about 77 cents per gge now add 18.5 for the fed and 13 for the state we are already over a dollar now buy a compressor and storage dispensers card reader land with the right zoning not to look at permitting and other legal requirements hire some of the best tecks in the country. it than seems to my way of looking at things there is not much profit left after spending all that money.he certainly has plenty of money so it is not like he needs more.he could sit at the house and have a little pretty bring funny little drinks with umbrellas in them to him. but he likes to make money and he is putting lots of people to work paying good wages.and last but not least if T Boones compressor takes a poop it is his problem not like the guy with a fuel maker that adds at least .50 cents I think more like a dollar to the price for roi and maintenance plus power.so for the near term he may be a little high but not bad. the market will set the price as others build out.and I for one am glad he has built out as now it is not can I take a cng truck but what route I am going to take to get the lowest price on fuel as there is nowhere in the lower 48 that I can not go with my big truck now! if you still think he is to high buy a compressor of your choice and save all that money. or better yet build a station and make that big price gouging money and you can fill up for free at your station.LOL

Comment

Clean Energy recently opened a station here in New Orleans and they have a monopoly being the first and only public filling station so far. As of now the price is $2.25. About 70 miles away in Baton Rouge, there are two public stations that have never varied in price from a fair $1.69 (that I know of for the last four years). Clean Energy adjusts their price according to the price of gasoline. Whatever the price of gasoline is, they make it about $1.00 less. If gasoline went to $5.00 per gallon, they would charge $4.00 for CNG. Comparing natural gas with gasoline is worse than comparing apples and oranges and there's no excuse for it. If the one and only station here, Clean Energy would sell the gas for a fair price, more people might consider converting, hence Boone Pickens promoting his cause.

I very, very rarely buy gas there. I have my own compressor at home, which I have had long before they even opened that station.
        Last edited by hypermilinggx; 07-01-2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Freeze frame the video looking at the LNG train, it's actually computer graphics! First give-away was that it hadn't been tagged with graffiti.

Comment

Hypothetical situation: We could have a huge find of natural gas here that causes the price of natural gas to cut in half while we have a situation in Iraq causing $5.00 per gallon gasoline. At the same time you will see the price at the pump at the Clean Energy station only go up. Their price at the pump has absolutely nothing to do with the price of natural gas and all to do with the price of gasoline.

Comment

What I think and hope is that clean energy is pricing their
              Gas so they can reinvest in the company and expand the
              natural gas highway

This takes money and I think getting stations in remote spots where they may not be used that often is critical in getting freight transit on cng an the rest of us off of foreign oil

Then again I may be too optimistic
              Last edited by trdscfjc; 07-01-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

as I said build your own station and sell cng and put t Boone out of business and make the big money. if you want you can even sell it at a loss as it will be your station. you will have to make it up in volume. just like the two guys selling watermelons. the drove their truck to Florida and bought a truckload of watermelons for a buck apiece then hauled them up north and blew 2 tires and bought gasoline then sat on the side of the road and sold all of their melons for a buck apiece and then counted their money up and found they had lost 500 dollars. so one said to the other next year we need a bigger truck.ROTFLOL so build out and sell for any price you like.

Comment

It's gotten even worse here in New Orleans. Current gasoline is at $2.80 and Clean Energy came down from $2.25 to $2.15. They have the only public filling station in the whole greater New Orleans area - a monopoly. This situation will change when Clean Energy gets some competition, but I don't think it will be anytime soon. I realize that it costs money to run and maintain the compressors and the station, but the price is out of line compared to other stations in this region.
                  Last edited by hypermilinggx; 11-03-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X