Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aubrey McClendon dies in single-car crash

http://newsok.com/aubrey-mcclendon-d...rticle/5482384

He pretty much drove straight into the wall. There was plenty of opportunity to correct or go back to the roadway. That didn't occur, police Capt. Paco Balderrama said.

“Innovation is driven by having access to things.” -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

In 2013 Chevy Tahoe, no seat belt used.
    Last edited by GX-SV; 03-02-2016, 08:26 PM.
    Sold GX

Comment

nothing suspicious about this....it will be ruled a suicide....move on nothing to see here....

Comment

A legend in the natural gas industry:

In 2005, Chesapeake Chief Executive Aubrey McClendon sent teams of geologists across the country with a mission: Find the next Barnett. Less than two years later, they told him they had it, in Louisiana. The Haynesville Shale is centered in northern Louisiana, one of the country's oldest oil- and gas-producing regions. Wildcatters had explored beneath the lush cow pastures and cotton fields as far back as the 1870s. Shreveport, the region's largest city, saw decades of booms and busts until the 1980s, when a glut of cheap oil from overseas all but killed the region's oil industry.
        Oil companies knew about the Haynesville Shale, but it was considered a less viable prospect than the Barnett. The shale lies 10,000 or more feet below ground, where high pressure and 300-degree temperatures are enough to fry high-tech drilling equipment.

But in 2006, Chesapeake drilled an exploratory well and decided the results were promising enough to justify the higher cost of drilling in such harsh conditions. By late 2007, Mr. McClendon says, "we knew that we had a tiger by the tail." In March 2008, as oil and gas prices were soaring, Chesapeake went public with its findings. The rush was on: Dozens of companies dispatched agents to the area to lease land for drilling, turning farmers and ranchers into millionaires overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by trdscfjc View Post
          nothing suspicious about this....it will be ruled a suicide....move on nothing to see here....
          I disagree, for several reasons:

First it is disrespectful of human life in general to be that dismissive however the end of it is and whatever your opinion of it was. Secondly, there was a *whole* lot of people who either needed the legal process to work or was interested in the outcome of it. Lastly, I would assume that there are now questions as to what is going unravel, how much and how fast.

“Innovation is driven by having access to things.” -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

I was atempting to be facetious, I guess it does not convey through text that well.

​It is a tragedy that is for sure and I hope that the truth will come to light both in the circumstances surrounding the accident and the legal case, I do have doubts we will know the full story behind both.

Comment

Working...
            X