BAF First to Offer Ford Pickup Under Body Tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAF First to Offer Ford Pickup Under Body Tanks

Looks like the best way to go: http://baftechnologies.com/baf-news/...ord-f-250-350/
    Last edited by Ron Wagner; 11-26-2012, 09:35 AM.

Re: BAF First to Offer Ford Pickup Under Body Tanks

On a truck that gets at best 12 mpg, a 10gge tank isn't very exciting. It is a start but not a solution.

Comment

100-120 miles, sounds like a days work for most of us and would make the operating cost per mile the envy of every F250 owner in the US.

Comment

It would certainly solve my problem. What is the MPG on an F250? I certainly wouldn't mind filling up more frequently, especially when the less expensive home pumps come out.

Comment

I have been looking into the 2013 Ford bi-fuel trucks, and it has been a challenge to get info:
          1. The dealer here has been waiting for over a month on pricing from BAF on the various tank packages, so he cannot quote nor order any yet.
          2. The dealer has received nothing to date on the similar Westport offering being touted.
          3. The dealer still has not received sales brochures on the F-250/350 line.

Only one dealer in my area authorized to handle the CNG trucks.

NOTE: If you want rear under body tanks, they throw the displaced spare tire loose in the truck bed. No place to remount it. Somehting to consider...
          '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
          '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
          FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Originally posted by cnguser View Post
            If you want rear under body tanks, they throw the displaced spare tire loose in the truck bed. No place to remount it. Somehting to consider...
            It still takes less space than the CNG tanks would do in the truck bed.

Comment

I would be calling BAF directly, and the Ford district manager. As far as the spare, I would lock it in with a cable. I talked to BAF at the Indianapolis show and it sounded like almost $50,000! Much more vehicle than I need, especially with the lousy MPG. It is great for someone who really needs that kind of vehicle and drives a lot of miles though.

Comment

Originally posted by cnguser View Post
                NOTE: If you want rear under body tanks, they throw the displaced spare tire loose in the truck bed. No place to remount it. Somehting to consider...
                They should install something like this as an option for thier customers:
                Attached Files

Comment

My ford E-350 has two rear tanks, and one middle large one, at 12mpg it gives me about 175 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by rogelio barcab View Post
                    My ford E-350 has two rear tanks, and one middle large one, at 12mpg it gives me about 175 miles.
                    I had a new 2009 F250 crewcab with 5.4 and 14mpg was the best it would do on a long trip.
                    My wife made a gas hog out of it on local trips.

That is when I discovered the new 2011 CNG Honda Civic smiling at me. And a low milage (34,000) 2004 F150 crewcab with a 4.6.

Comment

Originally posted by CanAm View Post
                      They should install something like this as an option for thier customers:
                      that would be the most practical solution

Comment

rogelio barcab, what type of large middle tank are you talking about, something that mounts in the bed of the truck?

Comment

Working...
                        X