Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

Mountain towing capacity for a Civic CNG.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Draw-tite receiver on my 2014 Civic Natural Gas. I use it to hold a bike rack and a Thule cargo carrier. With a 2" ball in the receiver, the Civic makes an excellent "tractor" for relocating boats and trailers into tight spaces on premises but I wouldn't hit the highway. They're just not great towing vehicles. I have a large SUV for that. The official Honda rating is 1000 lb gross trailer weight and a 200 lb tongue weight in other countries but Honda does not approve towing of any kind in the US. In Canada, it's in the manual. Same car. Nonetheless I wouldn't tow on the open road. That's just me.
    Last edited by bryanmenard; 10-25-2016, 06:33 PM.

You may want to check out this video of a ride trip I run regularly