Cav wiring diagrams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cav wiring diagrams

Attached are some Cavilier wiring diagrams. The are some mistakes according to one memberm in the Transmission area.

They may help

Larrycng

Re: Cav wiring diagrams

Still some confusion: All 2000 and earlier CNG Cavaliers were built with the hydramatic 3T40 three speed automatic which other then the torque convertor lockup clutch was basically mechanical. There is a reference to the 3-speed lockup clutch in one of the schematics, however the rest of the wiring diagrams show the 4 speed wiring which didn't arrive until 2001. I have the GM schematics but they are broken up into sections that are a lot harder to work with then Larry's schematics. That being said, they should work however don't expect a lot of wires going to the transaxle.

Comment

Re: Cav wiring diagrams

I looked at the transmission portion and it looks like '99 -'01 use the same transmission selector switch , (that signals the PCM) although '99 show the 3 speed where as the '00 &'01 show the 4 speed. Mitchell has always had some problems with wiring diagrams. I don't know it Aldata is any better.

I would suggest that if the wiring doesn't match up with your vehicle, check a year older or newer (model run change over or hold overs) or get a diagram from another source. Sometimes the factory diagrams are not 100% accurate.

Thanks siai47

Larrycng
      Last edited by larrycng; 06-08-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X