Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurricane Utah to the Grand Canyon’s North Rim and Back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Utah to the Grand Canyon’s North Rim and Back?

I’d like to drive my 2004 GX from the San Francisco area to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Based on my usual 230-250 miles per tank (38 miles/GGE (2/3 highway 1/3 city driving)) I should easily make it to the fill point in Hurricane UT. What I’m worried about is the 270 mile round trip from Hurricane to the north rim and back. That portion of the trip might be considered to be mostly highway driving and it is at a relatively high altitude, so, maybe I could make it. Have any Utah GX drivers (or anyone else) made this trip? Are there any suggestions? If all else fails I do have the AAA extended tow membership, though I prefer to avoid using it.

Thanks, Roger Smith

Re: Hurricane Utah to the Grand Canyon’s North Rim and Back?

Hurricane to North Rim roundtrip of 252 mi has a total elevation gain of 7430 ft eastbound and a maximum elevation of 8920 ft. This is similar to the Highway 93 run from Las Vegas to Phoenix (one-way) 269mi drive having a total gain of 7425ft with half the maximum elevation of 4200ft which was driven successfully with 1 Bar left, 6 gge fill according to a Nov 17 2014 comment on cngprices Henderson NV Sinclair CNG station.

Comment

Working...
    X