X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questar CNG to increase 50 cents per gallon - federal tax credit expired

Hey gang,

I wanted to give everyone the heads-up on the following which will be posted at the stations soon. We appreciate Questar's leadership in providing access to this clean domestic vehicle fuel and hope Congress can get something back into place soon.

---

On June 24, 2010, the U.S. Senate failed to pass a bill extending a long-standing 50-cent-per-gallon credit for those who dispense natural gas for vehicles. Even though the tax credit expired Jan. 1, Questar Gas has continued its practice of passing along the credit to NGV drivers assuming Congress would extend it. This now appears unlikely. The 50-cent-per-gallon credit will be removed July 7, 2010 and the per-gallon pump price will increase accordingly.

Re: Questar CNG to increase 50 cents per gallon

Comment

How bout a link to the government to BITCH at
      Ken's Master Auto Care

1998 Cavalier CNG

1972 Chevy Blazer Twin turbod Duramax in it, 12.8 @105MpH 505 rwhp 1109 rwtq

Still in the works
      1969 Camaro Cstm blt 87 vette frnt susp 6 pot 13" frnt brks rack and pinnion Dana 60 w Cstm Lateral-Dynamics 3 link rear susp 4 pot 12" rr brks 18X10 frnt 18X12 rr Bozeforged Speedsters, on the list still is
      Gforce T56 6speed gen3 427 Ci Twn turbo

Comment

What congressman can we contact to complain about this?
        2002 Cavalier
        2003 Cavalier
        2004 Cavalier

Comment

Yes, please let us know who to contact! It's a bit ridiculous that the gov't is on a campaign to reduce the dependence on foreign oil, yet aren't willing to continue to do at least what they did in the past to encourage use of natural/local resources.

Comment

Email your senator. Either Hatch or Bennett. I am emailing both of them. This wouldn't let me post the link. Go to senate . gov, top right hand corner and find your senator.

Comment

Well that is just no good.....

To be honest I didnt know the .50 credit was there.. I'm obviously happy it was and really hope with some griping from those of us that now know about it we can get it reinstated. I doubt that will happen however..

Comment

I believe the bill was H.R. 4213. See link below:

http://senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ro...n=2&vote=00200

From what I understand this bill was to 'extend' the 50 cent per gallon tax credit until September 2014. If you look at how the Senate voted, you will see that both Hatch and Bennett voted NAY. I am glad Bennett is gone, maybe Hatch needs to go as well. This is unbelieveable.
                Jared.
                Mountain Green, Utah
                2003 CNG Cavalier
                2003 CNG Silverado 2500HD

Comment

It appears this bill was decided by nothing other than party association.

Comment

I have just emailed senator hatch but is it worth emailing Bennet? How soon would the bill be up for review or reconsideration before he is out? What else can I do?

Comment

I sent both Senators Bennett and Hatch an email re: H.R.4213 .
                      thanks for the link at: senator.gov
                      There are many other items in the bill besides the Energy issue and they know my position on the excise tax credit.

Comment

I voiced my complaints to them via email as well!!! We all need to do this if we want to potentially see something done.

Comment

My Response

Senator,

I seriously doubt you had your constituents in mind when you voted for this bill. Did you or your staffers even read the bill or did you just vote along party lines?

As a natural gas vehicle user, I have taken a personal initiative against our dependence on foreign oil. This bill helps to extend the tax credit already in place for natural gas suppliers to vehicles. Why not extend it? The use of natural gas as a fuel for vehicles also helps to alleviate the horrible air pollution Utahans have to endure. Do you not care about the health of Utah's citizens?

Your vote against H.R.4213 makes no sense, unless you really don't care about the interests of the United States or Utah.

Regards,

Comment

Sent my e-mails. Although I'm fairly confident that it will be a "we gotta cut somewhere response". At least our voice is being heard.

Comment

You guys like living on a govt subsidy? The problem with our country is that everyone thinks they should be subsidized (on welfare). If an idea is good, it should stand on its own; we should gladly pay the full fair market price for our fuel, period. Our problem is with stupid EPA rules and their unintended consequences, and those who profit from them, not Questar.
                              Last edited by rtry9a; 06-30-2010, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X