Status of Cng in Oregon??????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of Cng in Oregon??????

Relocating to Portland area after the first of the year from Oklahoma. Lots of fuel stations here and pretty cheap Cng ($1.11/gge). Any fuel stations in the area? How much is Cng? Have a Cng truck now and thinking of converting two more vehicles prior to the move. I don't want to have to buy a home fueling pump but there are lots of incentives$$$$ here so I may get one if I need to. Hopefully I don't have to sell the Cng truck before moving.

And if I do get a pump, how much do you guys pay per gge at the house?

Thanks

Re: Status of Cng in Oregon??????

I would consider a home fueler purchase - but not in Washington or Multnomah Counties.
    Clean Energy has plans to build a station between Salem and Portland but no
    time frame has been announced. Others have been rumored, but again no action.
    My home cost is just under $1.40 per GGE for the gas, excluding electric and maintenance.
    Let us know if you decide to sell the truck.
    '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
    '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
    FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Why not in Multnomah county?
      My sis lives there.
      Karl

Comment

Washington & Multnomah counties have denied permits for installation of home fuelers, likely
        that their bureaucrats are most uninformed and fear the unknown. Need a permit for an electric vehicle charging station? No problem, they are there to help!

I would suggest Clackamas County - they approved mine for a home fueler.
        '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
        '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
        FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Milwaukie, Gresham, Sherwood, Springfield applications for CNG station grants

http://ecotrope.opb.org/2012/08/natu...r-tax-credits/

1 Aug 2012 by Cassandra Profita

Natural Gas and EV Stations Try For Tax Credits

This year, the state of Oregon is offering 35 percent tax credits for companies building alternative fuel infrastructure.

According to Lisa Joyce of the Oregon Department of Energy, the state has $2 million to spendelectric vehicle charging or natural gas fueling stations. Altogether, the applications cover around $5 million

Comment

Update: Truck N Travel likely the only "Fast Fill" among 4 planned stations

Instead of Springfield, the contact info for this "proposed" station is:

541.868.2859 DBA Truck N Travel, 32910 East Pearl Street, Eugene, OR.

The other three in Sherwood, Milwaukee, and Gresham are disposal company yards with trucks needing "time fill" CNG fueling. And the existing Klamath Falls station (fast-fill) was not an applicant for the grant.

Comment

Working...
            X