X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stations in Portland?

I see from this map:

http://find.mapmuse.com/map/cng/near/Portland,+OR

That there are several private stations in Portland, but no public.

has anyone tried to use a private station?

I am trying to drive the F150 from Vancouver to LA, but Seattle to Medford is a CNG desert.

Re: Stations in Portland?

You might try contacting them directly to see if they might help out. You could promote the trip as an Earth Day Event, involve the media, any Clean Cities Coalitions along the way, Upfitter shops, and whoever we can dig up to make it an "EVENT" and make the most out of it. With gas prices so high... the media would eat this up! If you decide to go this route, let us know so we can kick it into gear for you.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

CanAm

Check your inbox for a PM I sent you regarding this.
      '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
      '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
      FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

The Salem transit bus folks have on occasion provided courtesy fills for dedicated CNG vehicles traveling through.

Comment

Hi guys, any more leads on this ?

Want to drive the cruiser north to my home town and back, but its a desert north of Medford... I can easily do 300 freeway miles + reserve, so doesn't necessarily need to be PDX, even Eugene would be fine. Does anyone have contact for the folks in Salem ?

Comment

From prior postings on this issue, try contacting the Cherriots Salem-Keizer Transit office.
            They indicated possibly being able to fuel someone, but ONLY on a prior scheduled date/time basis.
            Likely needs to be Monday-Friday during day work hours, etc.

http://www.cherriots.org/contact_us.htm

I would be just as concerned about the run from Medford to Chico - lots of steep mountain highway.

Let us know how it goes if you make the trek!
            '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
            '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
            FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Ok, thanks very much, will follow up with them... yes, very familiar with the climb over the Siskiyous. Chico->MFR looks like ~225mi, so I figure I'd have to *average* worse than 18mpgge before getting into trouble, even with a sub-par fill. This car will consistently do 26 on a 70mph, 150mi run from the Bay area to Grass Valley (lot of flat but also eventual 3000' gain on I-80, where the uphill flow is still close to 20 when slowed down a bit), so I am not terribly concerned.

Still, this is where the ScanGauge will be a good tool/comfort. Fun to see all those 9999's downhill when the tranny is driving the engine and the injectors shut off. I am a pilot so fuel planning/management is a pretty familiar M.O., probably why I don't find CNG cars as threatening in this respect

Comment

Working...
              X