Really Nice!
    02 GX
    01 GX
    03 Crown Vic
    06 GX
    Home Fueler

Comment

Re: Grass roots efforts can get the job done

Well done, Bill. What is the procedure for using the Fuelmaker at the Lebenon Oregon community college? CNGprices has it at 2000 West Oak Street Lebanon, OR 97355 but I don't think this is the right address for Linn-Benton Community College (if this is where it is located)?

Comment

Reaching the facility involves driving 5 mi east from Interstate 5 Exit 228, following the truck route by turning right on Denny School road, and making the first left where the campus facility is less than a mile on the right before the airfield. Any of the staff can hook the car to the fuel maker and record the fuel used. The phone number is to let me know you're coming and, if necessary, allow me to arrange to get the gate unlocked if fueling is needed outside of MF 8-4. If fueling will be more than an hour, I can suggest what to do in Lebanon/Corvallis/Albany while waiting.

LBCC has opened a new campus for its Advanced Transportation Technology Center, oddly enough, because the CNG maintenance could not be incorporated into the diesel shop at the main campus without major code modifications for the lighter-than-air natural gas fuel. The center addresses propane, bio-diesel, EV's and hybrids in addition to the traditional gas and diesel auto shop courses. So the location on cngprices is correct - comments on calling ahead and gate access have been submitted to cngprices to post soon. I have had the privilege of working with Brian (cngusr) and Greg (TechStar) as well as the energetic instructors who are doing everything they can to prepare students for the emerging maintenance positions needed for alternative fuel vehicles.

Comment

Finally catching up, good news for me as I will be making more Seattle to Southern Cal trips in the future. I wrote to "TrucknTravel"/CFN to get updated on their OR pump additions a while back, but did not hear back.

Adding above education to my folder for reference, thanks Bill for being such a wonderful source of information here and in email!
          '12 Civic GX
          Seattle, WA

Comment

Eugene public CNG station begins operation with self-serve, bank card Kraus dispenser

Perhaps the best feature of the Eugene CFN card lock with it's single 3600 psi hose (other hose is a giant truck nozzle) is that it is self-serve, open 24/7 and takes bank cards, too - no CFN account needed.

As for Chico, I doubt it is ever "out-of-service." Waste Management comes through the station at 5am, followed by Chico "Busy B" city buses at 6am. It seems to have only one compressor, but a lot of storage - 3 spheres and 3 tubes. PG&E is very responsive about sending emails to people with their fueling cards when stations are down for servicing.

For West Coast travel, UPS Package Delivery (Trillium CNG) 1380 Shore Street West Sacramento, CA said they plan to reopen a public dispenser. I was there two weeks ago and Trillium had service parts for their huge CNG station spread all over the place -- looked liked it was undergoing a major refurbishment. I saw CNG 18-wheelers coming and going from SoCal and Oregon (Roseburg fueling at Medford RVTD on return trip); CNG yard utility tractors for moving trailers here and there; package cars. CNGPRICES already shows the dispenser is available, so it would help if someone stops by to confirm.

If you time your trip well, a fleet conference with operational reports from City of Sac fleet services (big), UC Davis shuttles (80+ CNG vehicles), Sac RT Transit (220 CNG buses) - among others - is being hosted by Sacramento Clean Cities April 7 as a preliminary to their Green Conference April 8-9.

Comment

Re: Eugene public CNG station begins operation with self-serve, bank card Kraus dispe

Eugene is the only public CNG station in Oregon open on weekends now that Rogue Valley Transit (RVTD) has cut all weekend service and locks its yard in Medford. Cherriots CNG transit station in Salem has never allowed public fueling and also does not offer bus service on Sundays. Cuts were a result of the Gov Kitzhaber (D) resigning amidst corrupt contract awards leaving Secretary of State, Brown (D), by succession becoming the new governor - signing a bill cutting funding for paratransit which resulted in the transit agency cutting all weekend service. There is no work-around for crossing the state until Rogue Clean Fuels, recent Refuse Company recipient of a CMAQ grant to put in public CNG, completes their CNG station in White City (Medford.) Weekday hours for RVTD have been cut back to M-F 7am-7pm.
              Attached Files

Comment

Re: Eugene public CNG station begins operation with self-serve, bank card Kraus dispe

Reminder: As of 23 March 2015, public CNG fueling at RVTD in Medford OR is limited to 7 am to 7 pm weekdays only. In fact, there will not be any personnel at the site on weekends.

The only public CNG available on weekends in the State of Oregon is at TravelCard Fuels at 65 N Seneca in Eugene. This is 267 miles from Fuel Farm CNG at 325 C St NW in Auburn WA and 392 miles from PG&E (must apply for card) at 11239 Midway in Chico CAhttp://www.dailytidings.com/article/...NEWS/141239973

http://www.dailytidings.com/article/...WS02/407080303

http://siskiyou.sou.edu/2015/03/18/d...ive-next-week/

I just wanted you to be aware of this change. If any ideas come to mind to provide a solution for weekend CNG fueling in Oregon, I invite your comments.

Comment

Lynden WA BioGas CNG fast fill equipment to be repurposed in Eugene and Klamath Falls

Used at the Western WA Univ BioGas project in Lynden WA, the sphere went for $19K and Kraus dispenser was $2K. The winning bidder on PublicSurplus (sorry, this was not posted last week to cngchat to allow the college an advantage in bidding) were sold to Linn-Benton Community College in Lebanon Oregon for its fast fill station project at the Adv Trans Technology Center.

The Kraus hoses from the dispenser will be installed at (opening this month) Oregon's newest public fill station across street from Crater Lake Trolley at 445 S Spring St in Klamath Falls. Open daily 8a-4p. An attendant from the ticket office will operate CNG station across the street. This is Klamath Fall's second CNG station - the first is at the AVISTA gas utility yard where non-utility use is not allowed by Oregon PUC. The new CNG station was built this year by the Trolley operator (as was the AVISTA station - but some arrangement was done to switch ownership back to the utility) to fill a mobile fueler which drives to Fort Klamath to fill the Trolleys. AVISTA ran a block-long pipeline to provide an inlet pressure to the compressor at the new station of 145psi. The new CNG station shortens the distance the Trolleys need to drive by 40 miles so they only need to be fueled every other day instead of daily before returning to Crater Lake National Park. The mobile fueler has three tubes identical to those found at the new CNG station in Klamath Falls.

http://craterlaketrolley.net

With the reduction of hours at RVTD in Medford in March 2015 to weekday 7a-7p only, the CNG public station in Klamath Falls will provide an alternate thru-state route for CNG travel on weekends using Highways 97 and 58 instead of Interstate 5. The distances to Chico (south) and Eugene (north) are similar to the Interstate 5 route used on the Border-to-Border road trip for Odyssey Day in 2014. Which, incidentally, was the reason the Lynden WA Biogas project was discovered in the first place (see sphere and dispenser in rear left of photo.)
                  Attached Files

Comment

This might help a little... But its not in the area you are referring to. Clean Energy Fuels Corp. has opened its first public natural gas station in the state of Oregon on Interstate 5 in Central Point, outside of Medford. According to Clean [Read More]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Comment

This CE station in Central Point opened a few weeks ago, as was found by 300milclub in following its progress. It is about $0.36 higher than the RVTD station in Medford.
                      ?Advantages: Closer to I-5 than RVTD and open 24/7.
                      '13 Chev Silverado 2500 Ext Cab Factory Bi-Fuel
                      '08 Green Tea Metallic GX
                      FMQ-2-36 Fueler

Comment

Working...
                      X