CNG Station in Everett, WA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNG Station in Everett, WA

Has anyone used the CNG Station in Everett, WA? Is the station reliable? Or does it break down often?

I'm spending some time up in Everett and trying to decide whether to bring our Civic CNG with us. I know there aren't a lot of CNG stations around, but I'm willing to deal with that. The main concern is whether the Everett CNG Station is reliable. It's one thing for there to be only one station nearby, it's another thing if the only station nearby is unreliable. :-)

Also, I noticed that CNG is $2.99 at the Everett station. Does anyone know why it's more expensive than other stations in the area?

I tried searching for info on this station but wasn't able to find any. Please post a link if I've overlooked it.

Re: CNG Station in Everett, WA

Originally posted by turbocco View Post
    Has anyone used the CNG Station in Everett, WA? Is the station reliable? Or does it break down often?

I'm spending some time up in Everett and trying to decide whether to bring our Civic CNG with us. I know there aren't a lot of CNG stations around, but I'm willing to deal with that. The main concern is whether the Everett CNG Station is reliable. It's one thing for there to be only one station nearby, it's another thing if the only station nearby is unreliable. :-)

Also, I noticed that CNG is $2.99 at the Everett station. Does anyone know why it's more expensive than other stations in the area?

I tried searching for info on this station but wasn't able to find any. Please post a link if I've overlooked it.
    I use it once in a while when I go to the islands. It has always been ok for me except for the price. It is very convenient just off I-5 and is operated by Clean Energy

Linda 09GX

Comment

The CNG station in Everett WA may be the first casualty of the gas wars, with gasoline selling for $2.72 in town and CNG going for $2.90

An up-fitter in the Washington State region says there was no volume (sales) at Lakewood or Everett. These stations have been there over a decade and plugged critical fuel gaps for West Coast travel. The Lakewood dispenser is actually "outside the fence" and the Pierce Transit bus fueling CNG station (4 ANGI compressors/9 ASME tubes) is not going away.

But the new crop of stations cater to trucking. And, although the public fueling stations being closed are at major highway junctions, the station layouts would make it difficult in both cases to get a big rig up to the fuel island. A number of trash haulers in the Puget Sound have CNG fleets, but Everett never converted as can be seen with the truck fueling with diesel in the photo.

(The "temporary" tape in the photo we can only wish is true. A spare part is supposed to come Dec 12 2014, so Everett may be put back into service. It's just that talk has been heard at trade shows over the years that locations like Everett haven't been profitable.)
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow. We spent the last 3 months in the Everett area with my family and used the Everett CNG station several times per week. We just left the area 3 weeks ago, so looks like we left at the right time.

Comment

Everett CNG station repaired and back-in-service

RecologyCleanScapes was fueling two refuse trucks at the Everett WA public CNG station Jan 21 2015. This paint scheme and truck body is different from the 40 CNG CleanScapes refuse trucks delivered to their private time-fill yard at 8th Ave S & S Othello St, Seattle, WA in 2009. That private station was built and is operated by Clean Energy.

This site is 32 miles from the Everett station (and a different county), so it is likely more CNG trucks have been added by RecologyCleanscapes to serve Snohomish County, though a customer service rep had no knowledge of the trucks being used. This should ensure the Everett CNG station remains in service:

http://www.cleanscapes.com/about_us/our_practices/

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...15/108941.html

Of the 144 trucks up fitted by McNeilus Truck in 2009 for Seattle waste haulers, CleanScapes took delivery of 40 and Waste Management received 104 . .

http://www.automotive-fleet.com/news...o-seattle.aspx

McNeilus converted the trucks at 524 East Highway St, Dodge Center, MN. State sales/service representatives are found here:

http://www.mcneiluscompanies.com/Con...d-support.html
          Attached Files

Comment

Old post, but thought I'd pipe in

I've used this station weekly since 2013, and only once was it out of order on the 3600 pump side during summer 2014. It finally dropped from 2.99 to 2.64 this week.
            I opt for Spokane street in Seattle as I leave work down south, which hovers around 2.09-2.24, which isn't as clean with the cabbie traffic, but safer at night full ups as there's a transient population that camps beside the Everett location.
            '12 Civic GX
            Seattle, WA

Comment

A CNG FMQ representative in Washington State says CLEAN ENERGY plans to discontinue operation of the public CNG stations in Everett, Factoria (Bellevue) and at Spokane St in Seattle at the end of October 2017. Sadly, two of the Public CNG stations used for the Border2Border Odyssey road trip in 2014 will be lost.

No mention is found on the cleanenergyfuels website. CLNE stock was trading at $6 two years ago ($15 five years ago) and, except for a blip to $4 in mid 2016, has remained below $2.50

Travel to Canada will still be possible using the Clean N Green station in Seattle and the Chevron stations in Cloverdale or Surrey British Columbia, which is a distance of 125 miles.

Comment

Its always sad to hear of stations closing.
                Thanks for the update, Bill.

Comment

Another source, in Clean Cities, says CLEAN ENERGY is planning to close 100 stations. Others are being upgraded, like Oakland CA airport. What is baffling is that the industry does not mention what is happening the way they would announce mergers, acquisitions, and expansions. Keeping cngprices current will have to rely on drivers sending in updates of what they see happening.

The roadmap seems to change from time to time with the EV charging network as well. Cannot say for sure whether Aerovirons puts in charging stations, what plugs are used where - it is a good thing Clean Cities has their directory of stations for these alternative fuels to keep track of what is operational and what configuration is present. Again, they respond promptly to user feedback to www.afdc.energy.gov

Comment

Working...
                  X