AAA charging up roadside assistance for electric-vehicle drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAA charging up roadside assistance for electric-vehicle drivers

Portland, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay area, Los Angeles, Knoxville, Tenn.,and the Orlando area.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting...ide_assis.html

---------------------------

The AAA roadside assistance truck was shown Jan 26, 2013 at the AUTO SHOW at the Portland Convention Center. A followup conversation with the supervisor found that there haven't been too many requests for on-the-road electric vehicle charging since the truck arrived. AAA has not made any formal arrangements as to where to refuel the generator in the Portland area with no public CNG fueling.

There were versions of the roadside assistance pickup having lithium battery packs for the charging. They have had problems with the battery overheating according to the tow service.

The truck builder knew the generator could also have been fueled by gasoline or propane. CNG was chosen because EV drivers are very particular about not wanting to pollute the air.

Re: AAA charging up roadside assistance for electric-vehicle drivers

dont sound to smart to me to buy a truck that you cant buy fuel for. I think with no fueling places there I would have went for the propane I dont think anyone with a dead battery is going to complain when the choices are # 1charge the battery with any fuel to be had or #2 push the car home to the charger # 3 leave your car and call a cabLOL. this is worse than trying to tote cng to a out of fuel car anyong got a 5 gallon bucket of electricity LOL

Comment

Working...
    X