AZ, CA, UTers on the most needed filling station to LV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ, CA, UTers on the most needed filling station to LV

Hi all you neighboring south western states cngers. Ive been thinking about where refilling stations are needed the most on the way to and from LV. Were getting more stations in town and more to come, but still cant drive my pickup to phoenix, a station in kingman is needed. A few years ago I tried to get the state of nevada to sponser a filling station at stateline, now called prim.Or even baker, ca, especially for all of us with 3000 psi tanks, I used to use my cng truck to commute to LA. St. George has facilities, but it would.be great to have a cng station in mesquite, nv, what do you guys think? Lvcng...

Re: AZ, CA, UTers on the most needed filling station to LV

I can guarantee that I'd use a Kingman station, especially if it were open 24hrs. I don't expect I'd use a Mesquite NV station nearly as much, but any new stations in all major transport routes are most welcome!
    2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
    Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
    Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
    Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

Looking at an all season x-country route, the 2006-2013 GX's with 400 mi range (has been done) have the needed stations presently. The 250 mi Indio to Phoenix leg is the third longest on a route passing through Phoenix, Tucson, Las Cruces, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Guymon. The longest is 325 mi east of Santa Fe followed by 275 mi Tucson to Las Cruces. My vote would be for a station in Winslow to shorten the route.

Comment

I don't think there is natural gas pipeline service in Mesquite so it would need to be L-CNG. Kingman and Flagstaff would be no-brainers for trucking fleets now that the new 12 liter Cummins engine is in production with Freightliner, Kenworth, Peterbuilt and Volvo.

Comment

Working...
        X