White HOV Stickers for CNG Civic Set to Expire Jan 1, 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SB 957 | Author: Lara

In brief: Extends high-occupancy vehicle identifiers for super-ultralow-emissions vehicles, advanced technology partial zero-emissions vehicles, and transitional zero-emissions vehicles for an additional four years if the owner’s household income meets the threshold designated as low income.

??? Only applies to applicants who have below 80% of California's median income... so that is like 65K???

If that's the case, Keep the Civic's and sell them yourselves to get top dollar as they are still of value since they can still get someone on the HOV lane.

Last edited by lcovelli; 02-18-2018, 02:08 PM.
    Silver 09 GX
    Phill G:1.5

Comment

Originally posted by lcovelli View Post
      SB 957 | Author: Lara

In brief: Extends high-occupancy vehicle identifiers for super-ultralow-emissions vehicles, advanced technology partial zero-emissions vehicles, and transitional zero-emissions vehicles for an additional four years if the owner’s household income meets the threshold designated as low income.

??? Only applies to applicants who have below 80% of California's median income... so that is like 65K???

If that's the case, Keep the Civic's and sell them yourselves to get top dollar as they are still of value since they can still get someone on the HOV lane.
      http://www.latimes.com/local/califor...917-story.html

On Thursday, Brown signed a bill that would allow residents who make below 80% of the state’s median household income — about $54,000 a year — to buy decals for some used cars that were already issued white and green stickers. That regulation goes into effect in 2020.
      It looks like white sticker Civics wouldn't be eligible for this until 2020.

Here's the actual Senate Bill:
      https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...201720180SB957
      Because carpool lanes are getting jammed, huge numbers of clean air decal holders are being kicked off. Some say it's unfair, and feel pressured to buy new cars to keep their perk.

Comment

I am sure we have some lawyers on this forum somewhere.

What are the chances of suing the state for creating a law that does not provide for equal protection under the law.

How can a used Civic GX purchased in Utah get a Red Sticker, but my California owned and driven Civic loses the sticker? They are both the same car.

Comment

I think of it this way. My 09 Civic still holds a good resale value. At 240k miles on it. I'm ready to part ways.... In Jan of course. Some student can buy mine and apply for the new sticker and get to class early.
          Silver 09 GX
          Phill G:1.5

Comment

Working...
          X