X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinnacle CNG Gains Contract Extension for Mineta San José Airport

Pinnacle CNG Gains Contract Extension for Mineta San José Airport
    August 20, 2010 – 1:55 pm | USA, Midland TX
    Pinnacle CNG's upgraded fuelling station at Mineta San Jose airport Pinnacle CNG has been awarded a new three-year contract to provide maintenance and operations services for the CNG fueling station at Mineta San José International Airport in San José, CA. The new agreement, which went into effect July 1, 2010, includes an option to extend the contract for an additional three years. If extended, the value of the agreement over six-years would exceed USD 1.2 million. Read More »
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Re: Pinnacle CNG Gains Contract Extension for Mineta San José Airport

This is Great News for San Jose, CA to have long-term support of Pinnacle.

Considering that San Jose has just 930,000 population (2006 US Census estimate), and Pinnacle has 3 excellent public cng pumps in greater San Jose area (not counting nearby Santa Clara or Cupertino), this is great news for cng community.

Please Pinnacle . . . spread the love and head east . . . 30 for 40 states desperately need at least 4 public cng pumps per state!

Comment

Maybe they will actually maintain the facility now. I go by there from time to time, and I always seem to smell natural gas as I fuel. The airport staged weaiting taxi drivers from that location. Watching a bunch of guys smoke cigarettes while I refuel doesn't seem to be a good combination.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny 99 View Post
        Maybe they will actually maintain the facility now. I go by there from time to time, and I always seem to smell natural gas as I fuel. The airport staged weaiting taxi drivers from that location. Watching a bunch of guys smoke cigarettes while I refuel doesn't seem to be a good combination.
        What does natural gas smell like? On my electric motorcycle I drive by the back side of San Jose airport every day on my way to work and notice a strange smell, so wondering if natural gas is what I'm smelling.

Comment

Easy, just go to your stove, turn it on. You smell that gaseous chemical smell? That's what CNG smells like at the station. The only difference is that the smell is not overwhelmed by delicious foods being cooked.

Comment

Atlas Refuel has contracted with Clean Energy to build, own and operate a natural gas fueling station at San Jose International Airport. The public station will support airport and other fleets and is anticipated to dispense approximately 300,000 gasoline gallon equivalents (GGEs) per year.

Since there is already a CNG station at the airport, some speculation is in order. Atlas Refuel is the same name on the Sacramento renewable natural gas (RNG) station at 8550 Fruitridge Rd SacramentoCA (operated by Clean Energy) which also serves as a collection point for farm and food waste. These facilities - like the largest in the nation near Greeley CO called Heartland Biogas Facility - have refinery size holding tanks for fermentation. CleanEnergy brands fuel they sell from this process as Redeem. There is a huge demand in CA due to carbon credit offsets by fleets to fuel at these stations. So, there will be more equipment installed either at the existing station (doubtful, since there is a maze of ramps and flyovers to reach it) or an entirely new facility - possibly on the commuter jet (West) side of the main runway where a large expanse of vacant land sits which used to be long term parking. That was when, coincidentally, Mineta Airport used CNG buses to shuttle passengers to the terminal before a parking structure was built at the terminal itself. Attached photos are of the equipment at Atlas Refuel Sacramento.

https://www.cleanenergyfuels.com/pre....QBakIxzI.dpuf

RNG_refuel_w.jpg RNG_refuel_q.jpg RNG_refuel_m.jpg

Comment

December 9, 2016. A UC Davis study for the California Air Resources Board has found that renewable natural gas produced in California could meet roughly 85% of transport uses.

The state’s RNG production potential is 90.6 billion cubic feet per year (750 million gge). The main barriers to large-scale RNG use are the state’s high cost of pipeline interconnect and the cost of upgrading to pipeline standards. California has about 71% of US LNG truck refueling facilities and about 200,000 gallons/day of LNG were trucked into California in the mid-2000s.

http://www.usgasvehicles.com/news_detalle.php?id=3336

Comment

Working...
              X