X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNG Station Coming to Silicon Valley

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Re: CNG Station Coming to Silicon Valley

The Trillium station will be at the SC County yard at 2265 Junction Ave San Jose, CA. The news stories below say it will have public access. Construction should have been underway as of May of 2014 - has anything started to happen?

http://www.greenfleetmagazine.com/ch...g-station.aspx

http://www.government-fleet.com/chan...-facility.aspx

http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel/...ert-fleet.aspx

Hate to confuse things, here. But Trillium also finished a private fleet station for GreenTeam at 1333 Oakland Rd San Jose. Yet, the publicity shot for it seems to have the vacant field behind Junction Ave in it in which I don't see in aerial photos of the 1333 Oakland Rd yard.

http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/sto...-san-jose.aspx

And, if this isn't confusing enough, afdc.energy.gov says CLEAN ENERGY is putting in a public CNG station at 1170 N 4th St San Jose, CA. So, there are three addresses within a mile of each other for some intrepid NGV'er in San Jose to case out. Reward may be to find another public CNG station!

Comment

What's expected date of opening for new Junction Avenue, San Jose Trillium station?
      Sold GX

Comment

GreenTeam's Trillium station has a pair of 150HP Ariel compressors and a pair of spheres. It is located in the yard at 1333 Oakland Rd San Jose CA with time fill posts for three dozen CNG garbage trucks among the 100 truck fleet. It's a mystery where the fast-fill dispenser island in the following link is located because there isn't a vacant lot anywhere near the truck yard:

http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/sto...-san-jose.aspx

Less than 2 miles away is a 2013 planning dept notice on a fence at 1170 N 4th St San Jose CA for a proposed CLEAN ENERGY CNG station. Though just a few city blocks from on/off ramps for the two major freeways in the area, it would appear this may have been intended to fuel GreenTeam's trucks until they went with Trillium instead. So it's not likely this station will be built.

And, what a surprise to find Santa Clara County never built the CNG station at 2265 Junction Ave San Jose CA after press releases, grant funding . . this was determined by walking the perimeter of the facility.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for update, bummer if the CNG at station at Junction Ave. doesn't happen.

Later I'll do a walk-in/walk-by and see if anybody knows anything. This would have been the closest facility to my home in San Jose foothills, although the San Jose airport isn't too far from Junction Ave.

Note: Sometimes a Trillium employee is around and available to talk at San Jose Airport, maybe they know something.
          Last edited by GX-SV; 12-29-2014, 12:49 PM.
          Sold GX

Comment

Update 06/04/15: I talked to a Trillium guy today and he said plans are for CNG pump at the Junction Avenue location.

So I went to the Trillium website and good news it says: "under construction" 2265 Junction Ave, San Jose.
            Last edited by GX-SV; 06-04-2015, 03:52 PM.
            Sold GX

Comment

image.jpgStopped and took a look today, construction- in-process: (not much change a week later, still fenced off)
              Last edited by GX-SV; 06-14-2015, 10:34 PM.
              Sold GX

Comment

2 months later, some progress, still not done...
                Sold GX

Comment

Slowly gretting there, much of fencing is gone...
                  Sold GX

Comment

Should be open by time you read this. I was there today and they were doing final inspections and testing. Nice roomy setup with space for more pumps.

I was the first civilian customer today, and they gave me free fill as part of the testing.
                    Sold GX

Comment

3rd time I've used it, works great, nobody else using it when I'm there. Santa Clara county has very few CNG vehicle, per Trillium employee.
                      Sold GX

Comment

Recent price drop (lowest Trillium price locally by far):

$1.99
                        Sold GX

Comment

Still $1.99 here.
                          Sold GX

Comment

Too bad Trillium is closing the station on unified way/87.
                            Silver 09 GX
                            Phill G:1.5

Comment

Be on the look out on North 4th street in San Jose near the airport; word is CNG should be flowing by 5/31.
                              Talk to me! www.atlasrefuel.com & www.facebook.com/refuelenergypartners/

Comment

Working...
                              X