Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any way to transfer a cloud plate for a bi-fuel to a new owner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any way to transfer a cloud plate for a bi-fuel to a new owner?

Hi, just picked up a bi-fuel in Phoenix. It came with an HOV/cloud plate. Everything I've read indicates the plate is not transferable to the new owner but could stay with the original owner who could use it for one of the three approved hybrids.

However, was at a fueling station a couple of months ago and talked to someone with a bi-fuel Cavalier with a cloud plate. He said he'd just bought it. Don't know if he hadn't transferred the title yet or if there's some way through the maze to keep the plate.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Otherwise I'll probably just send the plate back to the guy I bought it from and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Re: any way to transfer a cloud plate for a bi-fuel to a new owner?

AZ DMV makes mistakes sometimes and leaves the plate on the vehicle. I would go to a 3rd party DMV and just tell them you want to keep the plate with the car. If they dont let you thn leave. The only other way to do it is to leave the original owners name on the titke. If you do an "OR" he can not resell out from under you. The just add your name to the registration and title. Once you have a new "OR" title, get him to sign over his portion it will have to be notorized, that way when your ready to sell you dont need him anymore
    sigpichttp://WWW.CNGMOTORS.COM
    SAVE TIME. SAVE MONEY. SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT.

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel
    2000 GMC Yukon XL bi-fuel
    1999 International 4700 dual-fuel
    2007 Chevy Avalanche bi-fuel

FMQ2-36 Fuelmaker w/ 24 GGE cascade

Comment

Thanks. I called one 3rd party who said they'd take the plate, visited another but balked at the "convenience" fees(something like $20 to transfer the title and $15 to register the car) and left. May go back and see what they say.

On the title idea probably should have had that lined up and prepped at the time of sale. On the back of the title is the "buyer" line, I take it the idea is to have the "buyer" be something like "my name OR his name" with my address. Then on the seller line it would be as normal, "his name" and address.

Comment

SORRY "AND" title is what you want NOT an "OR" so the back of the title would read. "YOUR NAME" AND "HIS NAME" THEN PAY THE TITLE TRANSFER FEE AND THE NEW TITLE WILL HAVE YOUR AND HIS NAME ON THE FRONT. tAKE THE TITLE IMMEDIATELY BACK TO HIM AND HAVE HIM "OPEN" th title on the back (sorry just noticed the caps) by siging his name in front of a notory. You can wait until you are ready to resell it. And if DMV or anyone asks your just adding your name to the vehicle, hense allowing you to retain the blue plate under the original owners name

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel

Comment

Thanks. I ended up giving the plate back to the seller. I accepted the original title without a notary stamp (not sure why, brain fade, he had enough other documentation that ownership wasn't in question, still, doh!) After DMV rejected that one the seller got a replacement title within a couple of days so at that point I didn't want to fool with it and told him to use the plate for a one of the 3 eligible hybrids.
          I

Comment

Can this be worked out even if your not paying cash for the car? I'm thinking of getting a loan to buy a vehicle with a HOV sticker but I need to get a bank loan. Is there a way to keep the plate in this situation.

Thanks!

Comment

I wouldn't think so because the bank will not allow it

2003 Hummer H2 bi-fuel

Comment

Working...
              X