New CE Station in Tucson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CE Station in Tucson

Well, after 3 1/2 years of promises to get us a second station, Clean Energy has finally come through.
    Targeted to fuel the Tucson Unified School District fleet of 50 CNG school buses, parked and serviced within 2 blocks of the new station, should alleviate the fueling bottlenecks at the airport in the morning and afternoons.
    Not to mention saving the school district and most of us 15 wasted miles to get fuel (that's an extra gge for me). The new station at E. 15th St/Winsett St. and Kino Parkway should be open in February/March and should see the effects of the already rising gas prices.
    I, admittedly not a CE fan by any stretch of the imagination, am impressed by the commitment financially that CE has made in this station. A high pressure gas line had to be brought 2,500 feet to the property at quite a tidy sum (well over $100K) just to start out with.
    I guess I'll have to cut our CE rep sum slack, at least till summer.

I'll keep you all posted!

Last edited by cnghal; 01-08-2009, 10:45 AM.
    Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Re: New CE Station in Tucson

Here's a news article describing the station:

http://www.azstarnet.com/allheadlines/275277

Comment

Finally!!!!

Yes, after 4 years or so, Clean Energy has finally delivered on it's promise of a second public fueling station in Tucson.
      I drove by it yesterday on my way to our Clean Cities meeting and saw several people filling at $1.59 gge. There was no formal announcement of openning and no date set for the grand openning yet. I'm really glad it's open, I just wish it could have been sooner as to save the school district about $10,000 in wasted time and fuel driving to the airport station, since this station was actually completed and waiting on power months ago.
      At least when school starts again in August, the 50 CNG school buses can fuel on their way in or out of the yard. The station is literally within spitting distance.
      Your Friendly Nazi Squirrel Administrator

Comment

When you go to this refueling do you do it yourself or is someone there to help . I just bought a 97 chevy that runs on cng. I dod not know anything about cng

Comment

Golden Eagle Distributors, Inc. to Convert Entire Fleet to CNG
          Last Updated: September 19, 2011
Golden Eagle Distributors, Inc., has heralded the arrival of its first compressed natural gas (CNG) fleet vehicle. Golden Eagle, in partnership with Ryder System, Inc. is converting its entire heavy-duty fleet in Tucson to compressed natural gas vehicles by the end of 2011. The Tucson fleet conversion is the first part of a bigger CNG plan that Golden Eagle is embarking on over the next several years. Over time, Golden Eagle will convert all fleet vehicles to CNG in their six branch operations throughout the state. Then light-duty passenger vehicles will be changed over to CNG in each branch. To service their CNG fleet, Golden Eagle is working toward opening their own CNG fuel stations in Tucson and then at several other branch locations including Casa Grande and Buckeye. In spring 2011, Golden Eagle purchased an acre of land adjacent to its headquarters property in Tucson. That land will be used for a CNG fueling station.

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/prog...xp_fuel.php/NG

Comment

Across the street from the Trillium Public CNG station for Golden Eagle, is a private City of Tucson station for its refuse, transit and fleet vehicles. Two compressors each driven by a 300HP motor are backed up by 12 storage tubes. Four dispensers with a total of six hoses and 90 time-fill posts supply 53 refuse trucks in addition to about half of the 150 transit buses:

http://www.greenfleetmagazine.com/ch...-facility.aspx

Comment

Working...
            X