Jan 2015 Opening Predicted for New CNG station in Williams, AZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 2015 Opening Predicted for New CNG station in Williams, AZ

Earlier this month I did a road trip from Las Vegas, NV to Sedona, AZ via CNG stations in Blythe, CA and Phoenix, AZ. I had half a tank left when I reached Sedona... enough for a trip back to Phoenix, but not enough to run around Sedona (luckily my college roommate drove separately in her Prius, since she had to leave early).

Another friend from Las Vegas decided to join me. He brought his trailer to haul my Honda GX back to Vegas and save me 3 hours on the return trip (it had taken me over 7 hours to reach Sedona). On the way back, we stopped at Williams, AZ to checkout progress on the new CNG station. The contractor, Marti Corley, was kind enough to drive me around the restricted area (hard hats only) to take pictures (attached). The station is huge with an upper level for the big rigs, and a lower level for the general public.

Marti said the station should be open sometime in January. That'll make it easier to take an NGV to Sedona, and have some fuel left to enjoy the area.

1 Love's CNG Station.JPG4 Lower Level CNG Pump Area B.JPG2 Upper Level A.JPG2 Upper Level B.JPG3 Compressors.JPG4 Lower Level A.JPG4 Lower Level B.JPG4 Lower Level CNG Pump Area A.JPG
    5 My GX in a bad shot leaving Williams.jpg5 My GX in a place it's never been.JPG
    White '09 GX

Re: Jan 2015 Opening Predicted for New CNG station in Williams, AZ

Clean Energy - City of Blythe
    40 S Main
    Blythe, CA 92225
    Current price CNG: $2.75

Costco
    1415 N Arizona Ave & W Baseline Rd
    Gilbert, AZ 85233
    Regular gasoline $2.559

Comment

Thanks for the update and photos Elaine!

There is CNG just up the road from Williams at the Grand Canyon, but it's private access only for the National Park bus fleet.
      http://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/shuttle-buses.htm

Comment

Originally posted by exLeaf View Post
        Clean Energy - City of Blythe
        40 S Main
        Blythe, CA 92225
        Current price CNG: $2.75

Costco
        1415 N Arizona Ave & W Baseline Rd
        Gilbert, AZ 85233
        Regular gasoline $2.559
        Not a good threshhold to pass with petrol gas being cheaper than CNG . . . :-(

Just went through corner of Oklahoma and got my cng for $1.66/gge at ONG but regular gas is dropping as Vinita, OK had 87 octane petrol for $2.51/gal.

Eloo . . . still great news for Williams, AZ to get public cng for travelers attempting multi-state run with cng vehicle. Eventually the network of cng pumps will fill in once trucking industry grabs CNG/LNG by horns and runs with it.

Comment

Today, Chevron (across street) says the Williams AZ Love's won't open for a couple of more weeks. (I'm not going to call this "competitor" for an update until later in the month so as not to annoy him.)

Comment

A recognition reception will be held Tuesday, May 5th at the Williams AZ South Rim Wine & Beer Garage, 514 E Route 66, (928) 635-5902 from 4 - 6 pm. An invitation is being extended to CNGChat members who helped plan or followed the progress of the 2014 Odyssey Day Border-to-Border road trip, to attend this no-host event at which the driving team will be available to meet with.

"The Grand Canyon and northern Arizona's premier tasting room & lounge. Featuring Arizona craft beers, Arizona wines with 28 wines on tap, specialty small plates and exclusive retail & souvenirs. South Rims now serves sandwiches, salads, soups, appetizers and more."

http://southrims.com

Comment

Love’s Travel Stop has opened a new location in Williams, Arizona, located on Interstate 40. The location features 91 truck parking spaces. The 12,000 sq.-ft. facility also offers gourmet coffee, Subway and Carl’s Jr. restaurants, showers and a Love’s Truck Tire Care center. Love’s Fast-Fill compressed natural gas (CNG) will be available later this year.

http://www.overdriveonline.com/loves-opens-new-az-stop/

(Rumor has it gas service in the town of 3000 is having trouble supplying the station. Though others have pointed out that main pipelines usually follow the interstate highways.)

Comment

Working...
              X