Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy-Duty Hauler Accessing CNG at New Stations - Winslow, AZ and Albuquerque, NM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy-Duty Hauler Accessing CNG at New Stations - Winslow, AZ and Albuquerque, NM

on 16 Jul 2014 by NGTNews
    Clean Energy Fuels Corp. has opened two compressed natural gas (CNG) stations in Albuquerque, N.M., and Winslow, Ariz., to support Seaboard Foods' growing heavy-duty natural gas vehicle fleet. The company's Seaboard Transport subsidiary will use the facilities in Albuquerque and Winslow - as well as public-access Clean Energy stations in California, Colorado, Texas, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio [read more]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Re: Heavy-Duty Hauler Accessing CNG at New Stations - Winslow, AZ and Albuquerque, NM

These are LNG stations not CNG. Confusion between is rampant even among those who should know better, including Clean Energy press flacks.

Comment

Re: Heavy-Duty Hauler Accessing CNG at New Stations - Winslow, AZ and Albuquerque, NM

I think it is all CNG, no LNG for this fleet.

http://newsok.com/seaboard-foods-guy...rticle/4042746
      http://www.seaboardcorp.com/seaboard...from-pork-fat/
      http://www.news9.com/story/25289362/...y-embraces-cng

Comment

Based on my own "inside info" Clean Energy should include CNG at both. They have installed/will install equipment to vaporize the LNG and make it into CNG. Not sure if these are really open to the public yet, but it should be this month or next if not now. Would be great if someone could stop by and confirm! However, the location may too far from current CNG capable vehicle owners.

This is exciting because it basically opens up cross country driving on I-40 to newer Honda Civic CNGs (via Phoenix). Maybe a bit of a stretch between Albuquerque and Amarillo, but 285 miles is far from insurmountable.

Originally posted by jenki_putnik View Post
        These are LNG stations not CNG. Confusion between is rampant even among those who should know better, including Clean Energy press flacks.
        Last edited by Andrew; 07-24-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Rec'd email from Jeff Wittenberger CLEAN ENERGY Bus Devl Mgr that Winslow is public access CNG accepts Visa/MC. Truck stop staff say dispensers are at the back of the truck stop lot under a CLEAN ENERGY canopy and that buses and big rigs pull in to fuel, not necessarily just Seaboard Foods.

Seems to simplify the Southwest route to cross over at Phoenix from I-10 Westbound to Winslow AZ (201 mi) on I-40 and continue through Albuquerque NM (270 mi), Amarillo TX (292 mi) and Elk City OK (148 mi). This saves 100 miles from having to use Phoenix - Tucson - Deming - Sorocco - Albuquerque (though the longest stretch here is 217 mi, or 232 mi if Socorro is skipped).

Comment

Strange that a LNG/CNG got installed in Winslow, AZ before Flagstaff, but that's critical leg of I-40 so great news either way. Must have some long-haul truckers serious about CNG to have Clean Energy putting in pump in isolated location. Thumbsup to CE for making it possible to drive across AZ.

Another public cng pump at Kingman, AZ would help as well.

Comment

you had best believe the long haul truckers are serious. if you truck with diesel you will make a corn bread living using cng it is like the old days 50 dollars fills the truck up instead of 200 dollars. I left my house outside of knoxville tn and went to Pryor ok and back for less than 250 dollars that would have cost over one thousand do it on diesel what I dont understand is most of the new trucks only have about 100 gge on them as built. the best paying freight is fuel buy it cheaper and carry it with you. I have about 280 gge on my new truck and it saves a lot of money vs buying it on the road. I always had big tanks when I burnt diesel at least 300 gallons and as much as 500 gallons
              Last edited by cowboy; 08-15-2014, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Cowboy when I went to CA last year I stopped at City of Barstow where CNG was $2.99 It was the first place I have seen that had LNG While I was there a large truck stopped to fill up LNG and I talked to him. He said that he did not like it, that now he has to make two stops, one for cng and one for diesel, plus all the safety stuff he has to put on. I wonder what other truckers think.

Comment

June 3, 2013 The Myton, UT BLU. station offers liquefied and compressed natural gas as well as diesel and gasoline. Truck that was making stops at two different fuel stations to get the diesel would've had a diesel engine that has natural gas injected into it - dual fuel.

http://www.lngworldnews.com/blu-open...n-in-utah-usa/

Comment

Working...
                  X