CNG Station Deming, NM 88030

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNG Station Deming, NM 88030

Does any one have information on the CNG Station in Deming, NM. I'm taking a trip from Waco TX to Tucson AZ and the Deming station would really help a lot if it is functional and gives a good fill.

Thanks for any information in advance.

Ken

Re: CNG Station Deming, NM 88030

I called the city office today and they said it is operational. Address is 909 West Pine. She was going to call me back with more information as to price, hours of operation & etc. Will post what I find out.

Corrected to add:
    The city called me back stating it will be another couple of weeks before the station is operational. Access will be 24/7 with card reader.
    Last edited by John Mitton; 11-06-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I talked with the tech this morning. He said they are waiting for tanks. They should arrive in time to have the fast fill pumps working by Nov 15, 2013. With the Deming City station on line the southwestern states will be able to use the I-10 to I-20 corridor as an east west bound CNG route. We are getting closer to nation wide CNG travel.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by greatken85053 View Post
        I talked with the tech this morning. He said they are waiting for tanks. They should arrive in time to have the fast fill pumps working by Nov 15, 2013. With the Deming City station on line the southwestern states will be able to use the I-10 to I-20 corridor as an east west bound CNG route. We are getting closer to nation wide CNG travel.

Ken
        There are also three CNG stations all under construction in El Paso, but not sure when they are supposed to be open and whether they will be public.

If they were, then that would pretty much bridge the entire gap between the east and west coast, even if it is limited to the extreme southern route.

Comment

Those stations in El Paso are worth keeping an eye on. If anyone can keep us posted on them it would be great. It appears Mansfield Energy Corp is building them for he City of El Paso. These station locations include the airport site located at Montana Avenue and Global Reach Drive at the City of El Paso International Airport, the LIFT site located at 5081 Fred Wilson Avenue and the MSC site located at 1059 Lafayette Drive in El Paso. We need to contact Marty Howell, Director of Economic Development and Sustainability, the City of El Paso and see if we can make sure at least one is open to the public.

Ken

Ken

Comment

Here is contact information if you would like to give feedback on the new CNG stations in El Paso.

Sustainability Office
            Chase Tower
            201 E. Main St., Suite 106
            El Paso, TX 79901
            Phone: (915) 472-3831
            (915) 208-9693

energy@elpasotexas.gov

Comment

The Demning New Mexico CNG station opened Dec 4 2013. The price is $2.05 a gal.

Comment

Deming's plans were to have a public CNG dispenser (116 N 8th St) and two private locations at City Yards (E Florida St and S Santa Clara St) and the transfer station (east of livestock yard at 5470 New Mexico Highway 549.) A triple-compressor unit is going in now - probably at the City Yard (the other elevated water tank in the city.) As comments on cngprices report, the 5 gge/hr Bauer is overwhelmed anytime a big rig tries to fill.

http://www.demingheadlight.com/demin...ed-natural-gas

Comment

Working...
                X