CNG Price Increases in Oklahoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNG Price Increases in Oklahoma

Curious if anyone has information for the 30 to 50 cent/gge increase in CNG prices at a number of stations in Oklahoma including Loves and OnCue?
    '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
    '09 White Civic GX
    '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
    FMQ 2-36

? Gasoline and Diesel prices in OK up a lot ? if so, they might be going to the Clean Energy model of following gasoline prices

Comment

With the expiration of the Alternate Fuels Infrastructure tax credit (IRS form 8911) the 50 cents a gallon rebate for fuel sellers (12/31/2016) is history for now. That is the most likely reason for the increase.

The Senate may renew the credit next year forcing retroactivity as has been the historic way the Senate has acted. The fuel sellers will collect the tax credit next year but that likely not be reflected at the pump price.

If the Senate rewrites the bill there may be no retroactivity (not likely) or the bill is scuttled entirely, hello to permanent higher pump prices.

Comment

I'm assuming the station nearest to me in Duncan was not passing the credit on as his price has remained at $1.49.
        '12 Metallic Civic NG w/Navi
        '09 White Civic GX
        '06 White Bifuel Ridgeline
        FMQ 2-36

Comment

Or, the owner isn't aware the credit has expired? If not he will find out soon when his quarterly IRS submission is rejected...

Comment

Today I paid the highest price I've ever paid at an ONG pump- $1.60! WTF?.

Comment

Originally posted by dandlmelton View Post
              Today I paid the highest price I've ever paid at an ONG pump- $1.60! WTF?.

thats a bargain, ive seen the price here currently at 2.40-2.70+ per GGE

eventually people will either give up on CNG or start home fueling for .75 cents a gallon.

Comment

• KSneedsCNG
                KSneedsCNG commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes all the OK public CNG by ONG went to $1.60/gge that were previously $1.42/gge since January 2017. During 2016 was enjoying the $0.95/gge at all the ONG public CNG pumps. Effectively the increase is over 50% which hurts a cheap guy like me !!

However, I've traveled to OKC recently and there are still bargains out there. 7-Eleven is very customer friendly in north OKC and Moore OK (these were locations that previously had $0.39/gge when all the extra Excise Tax subsidy money was being directly benefiting CNG customers).

These 7-Eleven locations in OK have price of $1.39/gge that can be had for $1.34/gge after 5 cents per gge discount using ThxOK loyalty card. Sign up for this as super easy to get this quasi debit card as the ThxOK 7-Eleven loyalty card directly deducts money from your bank account. 4 digit PIN code is all you need when fueling. Used several times recently and highly recommend the ThxOK loyalty card from 7-Eleven.

Shell also has a loyalty card that gives 3 cents per gge discount. Must swipe their loyalty card first, then your normal credit card swiped after.
                Last edited by KSneedsCNG; 1 week ago.
            Working...
            X