Love's CNG for Amarillo TX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love's CNG for Amarillo TX

Love's Travel Centers now has Amarillo as an upcoming CNG refueling site. This will fill a big gap in current cross-country refueling:
    http://www.loves.com/Portals/0/Image...Glocations.pdf

At the NGV America conference in Atlanta last week they were displaying at the exhibition hall, so I asked as to their expansion plans. The "Texas Triangle" is mostly complete. From there the I-10 from Oklahoma City over to California as well as Oklahoma up to the Great Lakes region are the next targeted trucking lanes.

Re: Love's CNG for Amarillo TX

Amarillo would allow these CNG trucks having 500+ mile range to travel from TX to CA - including the 467 miles from Albuquerque to Phoenix - for a East to West trip using I-40 from Texas and then I-10 from Phoenix on to L.A. Joseph City (small Love's station East of Winslow) would additionally allow cars to cover the same route. Great map at the link! Fantastic reporting from the show - thanks, again, John.

Comment

I don't see a date on the map. It is several months out of date. They show the Pauls Valley OK location as feasable, while it has been available for several months now and started construction 6 months to a year ago.

Comment

Well good news. Planning and design phase has begun for the Amarillo site.

Comment

More info here:
          http://www.fleetsandfuels.com/fuels/cng/2014/01/loves-adding-amarillo-cng/

Comment

The loves station at Dallas on I-20 and Ft Worth at exit 40 south on I-35W has not started even planning yet.
            The employees know nothing about CNG being installed. One did asked me if that CNG meant natural gas?

Comment

Construction has started on the Dallas site and Ft Worth has the equipment set and ready just waiting on Utilties. But you are right....the employees dont even know whats going on even while we're installing the stations.
              Last edited by MeanGreenMachine; 01-14-2014, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGreenMachine View Post
                Construction has started on the Dallas site and Ft Worth has the equipment set and ready just waiting on Utilties. But you are right....the employees dont even know whats going on even while we're installing the stations.
                This is good news but will you have pumps for light vehicles? With comptitive pricing?
                We live just North of the Dallas Loves station, with 2 CNG car & truck.
                I have to say CE needs competition here in the Metroplex badly.
                How about the Weatherford, Texas Loves TS, any chance of CNG refueling there?
                Questions, Questions need answering.

Comment

All the Love's that are getting CNG in this phase will have 2 semi/bus dispensers on the diesel islands and 1 light vehicle dispenser on the gasoline island. I personally havent heard of anything by Weatherford. But it doesn't mean that another company wont put one up somewhere around there. We are currently working on Ft. Worth, Dallas, And Rockwall while another company is working on Katy, Houston, Seguin, and San Antonio and thats as far as i know about those installs

Comment

had not thought about the difference of big truck and car dispensers we may end up back to the old days of carrying adapters so we can fill small cars and trucks at big truck dispensers at least the pressures are the same. so it should not be a safety problem like it was when we had the 3600 to 3000 adapters most big trucks and buses I have seen have a small fill for car pumps but cars have only the little filler.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGreenMachine View Post
                      All the Love's that are getting CNG in this phase will have 2 semi/bus dispensers on the diesel islands and 1 light vehicle dispenser on the gasoline island. I personally havent heard of anything by Weatherford. But it doesn't mean that another company wont put one up somewhere around there. We are currently working on Ft. Worth, Dallas, And Rockwall while another company is working on Katy, Houston, Seguin, and San Antonio and thats as far as i know about those installs
                      CE has a large refuel station at the Pilot/ Flying J TS at Weatherford but it is only for big rigs from what I was told. I need to go 100 miles to the West once a week but I have to go out of my way in Ft Worth for enough fuel to make the trip with safety in a round trip of 300 miles.

Comment

Beginning with the opening of Love's First Rapid-Fueling CNG Facility in October 2012 in Oklahoma City near Interstate 40:

http://www.csnews.com/industry-news-...g-cng-facilityAmarillo, Texas to be opened the second quarter of 2014.deliver a fill rate of at least 10 gallons per minute in all lanes, meaning a driver can fill a 100 gallon-equivalent tank in 10 minutes or less10 CNG trucks with the new Cummins ISX G engineAmarillo - I-40, Exit 74http://www.loves.com/AboutUs/MediaCe...ary7,2014.aspx

Comment

Looking at the Loves US map, I'm more interested in the red "Feasable" CNG in southeastern Colorado. That would be HUGE, as it would bridge the gap for Civic GX owners to go coast to coast. Right now, it's 313 miles from Guymon to Fort Carson.

Comment

Comment

Dallas Loves is open at I-20 & Polk. $1.79.9 a gallon

Comment

Working...
                              X