Pics of the "other" CNG fueling station in Omaha, NE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of the "other" CNG fueling station in Omaha, NE

There are 2 CNG fueling stations in Omaha, Nebraska. The I-80 Fuel Station at 5318 "L" St. is always mentioned and some pics have been posted in the past. But the "other" out-of-the-way CNG fueling pumps are located at 2615 S. 64th Avenue in Omaha on the north end of the gas utilities (MUD) property. I was out taking pictures of the 2 fueling sites so thought I would post a few pictures of the neglected site. Might be handy for someone if the CNG pumps are ever out-of-order on "L" St. The 2 sites are within 3 miles of each other.

MUDpumps (3).jpgMUDpumps18 .jpgMUDpumps (17).jpgMUDpumps (5).jpg
    Last edited by snewman24; 06-02-2012, 04:23 PM.

Re: Pics of the "other" CNG fueling station in Omaha, NE

Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Although, I have to say that I personally dislike the "pistol" grip nozzles that are on the dispenser.

John

“Innovation is driven by having access to things.” -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

Curious, why do you dislike the pistol grip nozzle? Is it cumbersome to attach?

Comment

Originally posted by philips100 View Post
        Curious, why do you dislike the pistol grip nozzle? Is it cumbersome to attach?
        The ones that I have used have a lot of slop while the nozzle is being attached. I know that it is needed to be able to make the connection, but I just like the direct, solid feel of a Stabuli connector.

John

“Innovation is driven by having access to things.” -- Gleb Budman, CEO of backblaze.com

Comment

I too like the feel of the Stabuli connector. I always give it a tug before I start fueling. I have had one pop off before because I didn't have it fully connected.

Comment

I have fueled at this location two or three times on my way through the state. I had my wife try the pistol grip and she thought it worked great!
            Bob Baldwin
            2009 Ford Focus Bi-Fuel
            2000 Ford F-150 Bi-Fuel

Comment

Hi everyone, I am new to this site but boy have I read some interesting posts from you folk! Can I too ask, how do you think that the Pistol Grip nozzles could improve? I typically use the "sleeve" type connectors and have not had too much contact with these types of nozzles before. What's the overall consensus? Do you guys prefer pistol grip nozzles over everything else??

Comment

The pistol grip nozzle connectors are expensive but really nice:
                1. They look like a typical gasoline dispenser nozzle
                2. It is much easier to connect because of the swivel allows good freedom of movement against the semi-rigid hose
                3. Grandma-friendly... Far less muscle is required overall to connect and disconnect
                4. Less likely (impossible?) to disconnect when fueling a well-worn vehicle connector. I always recommend people stand away from the hose when filling on a sleeve-type connector. It can fly off with great force!

The only downside is for first-time users. Disconnecting isn't very intuitive. Most dispensers with these connectors include information on how to disconnect.

Comment

Working...
                X