Overland Park Kansas CNG Station (Kansas Gas Services) Upgrade Information

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overland Park Kansas CNG Station (Kansas Gas Services) Upgrade Information

Talked to a guy (on the phone) up at Kansas Gas Service (November 17, 2011) and he said the Overland Park public CNG station is back up. I have not made it up there yet to confirm but I have no reason to doubt him.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joe_kan; 11-18-2011, 02:51 PM. Reason: Housekeeping/updates

Re: Overland Park Kansas CNG Station Up and Running Again

Talked to a guy (on the phone) up at Kansas Gas Service (November 17, 2011) and he said the Overland Park public CNG station is back up. I have not made it up there yet to confirm but I have no reason to doubt him.

Comment

Confirmed that the Overland Park Kansas public CNG station operated by Kansas Gas Services is back up. My wife said she did not like the new filling nozzles (not sure what that is about) but the station was up and running.

Comment

Guessing that OP, KS has same ANGI dispenser that KGS installed at Topeka, KS - - - see post at:
        http://cngchat.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-8605.html

Great to see upgraded public cng refueling facilities at both Overland Park and Topeka, KS.

Comment

Originally posted by KSneedsCNG View Post
          Guessing that OP, KS has same ANGI dispenser that KGS installed at Topeka, KS ...
          The picture my wife took attached in the #1 post on this thread does show the dispenser is an ANGI dispenser. Last time I was at the Overland Park fuel station I saw the large CNG spheres in their supply yard so it is more than the dispenser they upgraded. We were not getting full fills (<3200 PSI typically) prior to the upgrade and now it appears we are getting full fill-ups.

Some folks don't realize how fragile the fueling infrastructure is in some locations. There were vehicles parked in the KGS lot during this upgrade because folks were too low on fuel to make it home and back and they did not have any back-up fueling. The fleet folks have their own private fueling (airport/KC MO) but that does not help the public.

My Fuelmaker (FMQ2-36) was going constant during this upgrade but a lot of folks find it hard to justify the costs of purchasing and installing home/business fueling equipment.

The thing that amazes me is the fact that the area I'm in has natural gas reserves but we don't have much NGV fueling infrastructure. Kansas supports the liquid alternatives but not natural gas (tax incentives) - government picking the winners again and probably being heavily lobbied by agriculture.

Comment

Thats the first CNG station I ever filled up at. I person I got my truck form lived in Overland park.
            GM World Class, F1 Cert
            05 Crew cab 4X4 Silverado LS
            03 Cavalier
            01 Cavalier (sold)

Comment

I have a nice home in south Kansas City with a working gas well. I plan on putting it on the market, soon. As soon as I am allowed to post a thread, I will be happy to share the details. Otherwise, feel free to email me if you are interested. Randy

Comment

I made a trip to Tulsa recently and filled in KC twice. It worked good, about 15 gge in an 18 gge tank. Ran from there to and from Tulsa (filled in Tulsa) and up to Des Moines before having to use gasoline. If I could have filled in Des Moines I could have made it home on CNG and never used gasoline on the whole trip.

Comment

This past weekend got an EXCELLENT fill at Overland Park, KS public cng pump by KS Gas Service!!

Great thing also is PRICE of $1.19/gge !!!

Comment

Major Upgrades for Kansas CNG Stations Press Release

http://www.ngvglobal.com/major-upgra...-stations-0406

April 6, 2012 Overland Park KS

Natural gas supplier Kansas Gas Service, a division of ONEOK, Inc. has completed major upgrades to its public compressed natural gas (CNG) fueling stations in Overland Park and Topeka, Kansas. The $560,000 upgrades include doubling the capabilities of compressors, which transform low-pressure natural gas into a transportation fuel, and adding storage tanks to increase the amount of natural gas available at each location to fill vehicles.

New dispensers

Comment

Working...
                    X