Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Engeries, is there a secrete way to filling?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Engeries, is there a secrete way to filling?

Is there a trick to fill up at We Energy Stations?

I have been to one in Franklin WI, and it pumped about 2 gallons, after that nothing.

I have been to the one in Appleton WI, it pumped about 1.5 gallons, after that nothing.

I have ran my credit card a number of times afterwards and was unable to get the system to pump anything else out.

I ran my card, picked my pump, said i was approved, went to the pump, flipped the handle up, connected the connection to my filler and turned the shut off valve to on all the way.
    Last edited by abiehl88; 07-12-2011, 12:56 PM.

Re: We Engeries, is there a secrete way to filling?

Originally posted by abiehl88 View Post
    I ran my card, picked my pump, said i was approved, went to the pump, flipped the handle up, connected the connection to my filler and turned the shut off valve to on all the way.
    Not sure of the specific station, but there could be a time-out happening if you don't connect pump to vehicle first...

the process I've seen work for me: 1. connect to vehicle (including turning the valve from vent to fuel), 2. put in your card and get approved, and then turn on at the pump to start dispensing..... when done filling 1. turn off at dispenser, 2. turn valve to vent, 3. disconnect from vehicle and stow fill hose on dispenser.

But my bottom line suggestion is to follow whatever process is suggested for that station (from their signage or training video, etc)
    2008 GX (extended range, trunkless version)
    Polished Metal Metallic 2012 Civic Natural Gas
    Fuelmaker FMQ-2-36 (since 2001)
    Previously owned: 2000 GX (11 years), 1995 Bi-fuel Sonoma, 2000 Bifuel Tahoe, 2000 Bi-fuel F150

Comment

i actually connected the hose before sliding my card since that way i can make sure it's the correct pump. but i tryed with it connected and i tryed with it not connected before setting up my card.

Comment

1. Does the vehicle have more than one tank ? , if so, you may have a bad tank solonoid valve and one of the tanks is already full , but not useable. 2. Does the station have a pressure gauge at the dispensor ?

Comment

I first got my tank in Chicago, i drove back through Franklin, had a problem with filling up at the We Energies there. So i went to the BP station in Saukville, and filled up with the same problem, i spoke with a guy behind the counter and he said to fill up and then pay inside, and that the pump sometimes has trouble doing two things at once(reading the card and pumping).
          I did as he said, and i had no problem filling up.

About 2 weeks later i went to Appleton's We Energies and it pumped out 1.5 gallons.

I am only filling one tank at the moment, soon to connect both tanks together witha gas line to create one large tank.

Comment

I've been to the one in Appleton. I couldn't get the card to authorize and talked to another that had the same issue 2 months later. At least you got some fuel. hahaha - Waukesha worked OK though.

Comment

Working...
            X