Also New from Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also New from Michigan

Very interested in promoting CNG in Michigan. Just purchased a bifuel Cavalier. Most people we talk to have never heard of CNG. Talked to DTE recently and they maintain they are moving the program forward. As we are north near Lapeer, our only option for getting CNG right now is when we are visiting the city (Detroit) to see family. Would love to see some stations nearby. Sounds like there is some true expertise here to help things go forward. Thoughts anyone?

Re: Also New from Michigan

gocngmi,

Your timing couldn't be better.

I'm leaving for MI tomorrow to do CNG cylinder inspections for Consumers Energy. They have vehicles/forklifts in:
    Adrain, Jackson, Lansing, Owosso, Flint, Saginaw, Lapeer, Pontiac, Royal Oak, Howell and Livonia!

That's the good news. Accessing those fill stations may be another issue. I'd contact them to see if you can set up some arrangement for the one nearest you.

My contact is: Lauren Oien, Fleet Regulatory and Standards Manager, (231) 929-6289. They're very 'regulatory' conscious so it may not be feasible, but worth a try.

Good luck,

afvman

Comment

Welcome! Who did you talk to at DTE? In the last 5 years, they have only closed pumps. (Flint, Jackson, and Lansing) They haven't added any pumps in that time. Last time I talked with DTE, he said they were thinking of closing one of the Ann Arbor pumps.

DTE has the pumps for the Cavaliers they have, but I haven't seen one yet.

I have talked to thousands of people promoting CNG in Michigan. People have issues with the fact that Honda is the only one producing. "I aint gunna let a rice burner in my driveway" I have also given my email address to evey one of them and have yet to receive an email.

With Secretary Chu at the helm, there wont be any incentives for Ford or GM to invest in CNG in this country.

Comment

I have also been told of DTE/Consumers powers getting back into CNG to support at&t's fleet of ngv.The cavalier you purchased did you get it from DTE? A lot of transits other than the one i work for are looking to switch to cng in michigan and hopefully it will open doors to all vehicle's.

Comment

Welcome to CNGchat gocngmi

This is a great discussion re an important market. I'm going to move this over to the Midwest forum for easier navigation when others come across our site.

Comment

I live in Southwest Michigan and I have a 2003 Cavalier. The closest station for me is in Grand Rapids, over 100 miles, so this doesnt help much.
            I see Natural Drive is making a new dedicated Impala that advertises a 375 range. Maybe this will help promote CNG in Michigan and get some more stations built.

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X